LC 250 & GX550 Picture Thread (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A successful Land Cruiser in the US is going to be great ultimately for all Land Cruiser fans around the world because Toyota trying something less conservative styling wise and succeeding as a result will definitely give them the confidence to try more exciting things in the future.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Since when those wannabes are the main figures to make the success for the land cruiser?
Toyota made the right decision when they pulled out the land cruiser and replaced by Prado
By the way Land Cruiser is famous and successful All over the world except in north America and west Europe
You're from Doha and must every single day see a LC200
What is successful in world not necessarily to be successful in North America
Land Cruiser wasn't successful for them and they have the 4runner which is an under skin prado and it is very successful at the same time we have the true 4runner which is the fortuner

Only manipulate with names hide the facts in North America and everything will be fine

4Runner yes, Prado no.

But if the new 250 is built anything like the 4Runner (interior wise) and because it’s in the same price point, then it won’t hold a candlelight to the 200. It’s a night and day difference for build quality.
Have you looked inside a 200k mile 5th Gen 4Runner vs a 200k mile lc200? High mile late model 4Runners age much better.

You're from Doha and must every single day see a LC200
What is successful in world not necessarily to be successful in North America
Land Cruiser wasn't successful for them and they have the 4runner which is an under skin prado and it is very successful at the same time we have the true 4runner which is the fortuner

Only manipulate with names hide the facts in
What I meant was if we get another 30/40k annual sales from the US for a vehicle that barely broke a few grand in the past, I would call that a huge success.
I would have said the same to any other country that had similar growth potential.
The only initial limiting factor I can see is production capacity.

I have been out of cell/internet service for a week and was super disappointed to click on this thread tonight and see these disrespectful and uninformed comments. I hate arguing with people on the internet, but it is distasteful to talk about a true legend who works tirelessly for our enthusiast community this way.

To address the video, I am confused if you all watched what I did. What @cruiseroutfit said was clearly not scripted, and that's not really how these things work. Of course the talent (Kurt)/brand/creative/content/producer teams will discuss at a high level what should should be addressed in the video, but they don't give scripts and don't tell the talent what to say. Videos like this are aimed at a wide audience to highlight features and FAQ, not to the extreme enthusiast base who wants to know the minutiae that 99.9999% of consumers don't care about. Not only did the video answer lots of questions for those who are Land Cruiser fans and Land Cruiser curious, but Kurt was extremely well spoken and composed which is not nearly as easy as it looks when cameras and a production crew are all focused on you. The video currently has over 100k views and around 300 comments, basically all of which are glowingly positive.

Auto manufacturers generally do not care about the enthusiast. They care about selling volume and margins, and they recognize the majority of people who buy vehicles will never use them anywhere near their limits. We are extremely fortunate to have someone like Kurt who works hard behind the scenes directly with Toyota, Lexus, and others in the industry to ensure our collective voice is heard and considered in the design of new products. What's funny to me is over the years I kept hearing on the forum they wished for a new Land Cruiser that was: less luxurious with more choice over options, more utilitarian looks, options like a cloth interior and no sunroof, smaller size and lower weight, locking rear diff, offered CarPlay for things like Gaia integration, and was less expensive than the outgoing model. What Toyota is giving us basically checks every box enthusiasts have been asking for, yet on the forum, you'd think the world is ending because "PRADO" isn't a real Land Cruiser. It's beyond baffling and extremely frustrating to hear this refrain from the very community who asked for basically what Toyota delivered.

If you're still reading this far, I wanted to touch on why Kurt is such an incredible asset and advocate for our community. He's too humble to brag on the internet, or in any context for that matter, but he has:

- Traveled all 7 continents in a Land Cruiser as part of Expeditions 7
- Crossed the Greenland ice sheet in a Land Cruiser
- Expedition Overland lead navigator
- Owner / Operator of Cruiser Outfitters
- Board member of Land Cruiser Heritage Museum
- Tread Lightly Master Tread Trainer
- Vice President of I4WDTA
- Race driver for Baja 1000, Mint 400, UROC, and more
- Wasatch Cruiser Club and Expedition Utah leader and mentor

I know there's more I'm missing, but on top of all of this, he's one of the nicest people I have ever met and cares tremendously about our shared passion. Our community should be grateful for people like Kurt and be supportive. It's easy to throw out opinions online without the full context, but Kurt is out there making our off road future better.
I had to read it twice to make sure but you really did use the word: disrespectful and that we should be grateful & supportive. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actually here is your job should come. As board of directors or Land Cruiser die hard fan wannabe or whatever you must clarify for the audience that the car is not the Land Cruiser used to be in North America and it is not cheaper you should not let Toyota to use you for there advertising 😉

Die hard fan wannabe? I see you like to toss that name out a fair bit here on the forum. And this from the guy that doesn’t know the difference between a 100 and 105? :D

I don’t claim to know everything about every Land Cruiser variant and I seek out opportunities to learn more each day as I have for nearly 30 years now. But you’re not exactly an expert on subject, your advice about what my “job” should be is taken accordingly.

Have you looked inside a 200k mile 5th Gen 4Runner vs a 200k mile lc200? High mile late model 4Runners age much better.
Agreed. I occasionally peruse the interwebs to look at 200s and quite a few of the interiors aren't holding up well (pretty serious steering wheel wear, leather wear, overall plastic looking dingy). My 2007 GX470 interior honestly seems to have done better, other than the dash (which I already replaced). 176K on mine over 17 years and it has zero rattles even despite me taking pretty much the whole interior apart to replace the dash and recover the seats.

I think these are all going to be built in the same plant anyway. Both the GX and 4Runner have long had exceptional interior build quality; I'm sure the 250 will be the same (albeit with less interior sound deadening).

Die hard fan wannabe? I see you like to toss that name out a fair bit here on the forum. And this from the guy that doesn’t know the difference between a 100 and 105? :D

I don’t claim to know everything about every Land Cruiser variant and I seek out opportunities to learn more each day as I have for nearly 30 years now. But you’re not exactly an expert on subject, your advice about what my “job” should be is taken accordingly.

SO WHAT?

Recently, I became deeply interested in Land Cruisers. It doesn't mean I don't know anything. I'm not most of members here who are deprived of Land Cruiser trims. 😀

What I see here is that you've been used to serving Toyota advertisements. When someone from North America who doesn’t know much about Land Cruisers sees an expert talking about the Prado and hiding facts, they will definitely believe that it's a Land Cruiser.

SO WHAT?

Recently, I became deeply interested in Land Cruisers. It doesn't mean I don't know anything. I'm not most of members here who are deprived of Land Cruiser trims. 😀

What I see here is that you've been used to serving Toyota advertisements. When someone from North America who doesn’t know much about Land Cruisers sees an expert talking about the Prado and hiding facts, they will definitely believe that it's a Land Cruiser.
Welcome to the forum! I would strongly suggest cutting down on the caffeine and upping the daily meds.

I don't know Kurt personally but to accuse him of being a "tool" or "front man" for Toyota advertising is certainly laughable.

IMG_0683.jpeg

This assertion that LC200 owners are oblivious to the fact that the LC250 is not its direct successor is ridiculous. They're not stupid people, they know the difference between nameplate and model code, they know the Prado exists in other countries, and they know Toyota wouldn't arbitrarily slash $30,000 off the MSRP of a vehicle.

You can be upset that Toyota doesn't sell the LC300 in NA, but I'm sure that has been hashed out on these forums long ago.

Welcome to the forum! I would strongly suggest cutting down on the caffeine and upping the daily meds.

I don't know Kurt personally but to accuse him of being a "tool" or "front man" for Toyota advertising is certainly laughable.

I didn't ask to witness whether you know him or not. Even I don't know him or anyone here. It would only be better if he told the truth or turned over Toyota's advertisement.

@cruiseroutfit

It might be time to purge part of this thread to get it back on track as the photo thread. Thoughts?

Photos from the Fuji Speedway Course:

1707314057589.png

1707314087911.png

1707314115774.png

Source

What's funny to me is over the years I kept hearing on the forum they wished for a new Land Cruiser that was: less luxurious with more choice over options, more utilitarian looks, options like a cloth interior and no sunroof, smaller size and lower weight, locking rear diff, offered CarPlay for things like Gaia integration, and was less expensive than the outgoing model. What Toyota is giving us basically checks every box enthusiasts have been asking for, yet on the forum, you'd think the world is ending because "PRADO" isn't a real Land Cruiser. It's beyond baffling and extremely frustrating to hear this refrain from the very community who asked for basically what Toyota delivered.
Chiming in to say this is the most true thing I have read in a very long time.

If the GX550 was introduced as the US Land Cruiser nobody would bat an eye, other than wishing it had a front locker.

Same if the 250 was introduced as the new 4Runner, other than some grips about the new power train and roll down rear window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom