Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got my Delta vehicle systems panhard arm (rear) lift bracket installed. Had a shop install some extended front brake lines (my articulation was such that my brake line mounting tabs bent and I'm lucky I didn't hurt my old lines).

next up:

1) wrapping my exhaust with Ti/thermal wrap, the aluminium tub can get hot
2) re-fabricating my drivers front seat mount (lowering it by about 1.25" via cutting wheel, and re-welding it together)
3) using my new welder to fab up some rear mud flap hangers, will come off the frame with a spring joint at the mount point

How has that truck been running?

Anything but Land Cruiser repairs it seems...

Replaced all four shocks and the cold water inlet valve

1000002642.jpg

Ding ding ding!

2001 Toyota S22 with a V-Drive (versus the direct drive above). Only 102 hours on the mighty 1UZ. I picking it up from a guy in northern Kentucky, across the river from Cincinnati. He said it's been sitting for several years, the last registration sticker is 2015. Plan is to change the oil, timing and serpentine belts, fuel filter/water separator, plugs, fresh water impeller and dump the 35 gallons of 8 year old gas in it and see how she runs. The interior is a little moldy but it's cleaning up great with just soapy water.

For those interested here's some background on these boats.

PXL_20240201_184314374.jpg

PXL_20240201_184333349.jpg

Last edited:
Ding ding ding!

2001 Toyota S22 with a V-Drive (versus the direct drive above). Only 102 hours on the mighty 1UZ. I picking it up from a guy in northern Kentucky, across the river from Cincinnati. He said it's been sitting for several years, the last registration sticker is 2015. Plan is to change the oil, timing and serpentine belts, fuel filter/water separator, plugs, fresh water impeller and dump the 35 gallons of 8 year old gas in it and see how she runs. The interior is a little moldy but it's cleaning up great with just soapy water.

For those interested here's some background on these boats.

View attachment 3547597
View attachment 3547598
That is way cool. Didn't know such a thing existed.

I started a thread over here to track my Toyota boating adventures. Not much action over there but figured it's the right place for it.

Last edited:
Now the question is....can I convince @OTRAMM to turn a wrench or two on it. :hmm: It does fall above the 1995 cut off, uses an OBDII diagnostic port and Toyota ECU. ;)

That is way cool. Didn't know such a thing existed.
Agreed! Being in Annapolis, @Von Hayek and I see a lot of watercraft...this thing looks like the bomb! Definitely more of a lake boat, but could use in the bay on a decent evening as long as you run a good flush through it after use.

I'm on Lake Ogleton, right at the mouth of the Severn River...we have a community ramp if you ever want to bring it this way, drop her in for the afternoon, ski in the lake and/or take an evening zip down to the city dock. We could also raft up and set up an afternoon/evening happy hour...🚤

And my fish/cruise/party ride...

Well its not me thats working on it but my mechanic is hopefully going to be able to repair the wiring harness after an uninvited guest made a nest in my engine bay.
I have had big trouble with moose and Squirrel! ... the Lexus is now going to be called Natasha... if she gets fixed!
He is like 90% sure he can fix it. there is enough room where the damage was to cut it back and wire it back together... he hopes.

1707949141647.png

Last edited:
Hope you can get Natasha back up and going!

funny thing is that I looked in saw some leaves and all and thought it was from wheeling... the mechanic and l poked about in it the other day after it was dropped off... and today one of his guys went to clean out the engine bay area to inspect it and the squirrel jumped up at him... my mechanic said he almost peed himself laughing!

Insurance claim?

funny thing is that I looked in saw some leaves and all and thought it was from wheeling... the mechanic and l poked about in it the other day after it was dropped off... and today one of his guys went to clean out the engine bay area to inspect it and the squirrel jumped up at him... my mechanic said he almost peed himself laughing!
Just came across a vid the other day that had a car on a lift...mechanic pulled the lower front valance off and a opossum jumped out at him!

Hope you can get this fixed up and that you have a patient mechanic to do this. My son and brother in law both had squirrels eat their fuel lines back by the tanks on their respective Tacos.

Assuming that this can be taken care of, I'm working on getting my shop ready for your rear bumper project. Got the welder set up and fresh bottle of gas, some small projects on mine, and then should be ready to go. 🛠️

Just came across a vid the other day that had a car on a lift...mechanic pulled the lower front valance off and a opossum jumped out at him!

Hope you can get this fixed up and that you have a patient mechanic to do this. My son and brother in law both had squirrels eat their fuel lines back by the tanks on their respective Tacos.

Assuming that this can be taken care of, I'm working on getting my shop ready for your rear bumper project. Got the welder set up and fresh bottle of gas, some small projects on mine, and then should be ready to go. 🛠️

He is a good and patient mechanic for sure. Also even though its business its a friend. My mom taught his father in 3rd grade and we have been using their shop since the early 90s.
He says he wants to take a weekend to do it not that its hard but just time consuming but he is booked this weekend so next is when he will tackle it he thinks.

I hope it is fixable cause I have all the bumper stuff ready to go and I would hate to not get to use it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom