Cold Weather - Any Issues? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s wind chill….-38 only happens in Mn and far northern WI
There was no wind here in BZN. It did warm up to a high of -20f below, and still no wind.

I tried to run summer windshield cleaner mix (once) thinking I was going to drain and fill it with winter stuff before winter arrived, nah I won't do that again.

Guys,
Can we keep these discussions civilized?
However, In this case I will do the translation.
-58c = -72.4F.

Wow. That’s cold!

Did you have a way to warm the fuel?

Did you all add the block heater/battery warmer after purchase? If so, what did you go with?

It was a bit cold this morning but the cruiser started up well. Definitely struggled a bit but no worries

IMG_4606.jpeg

Drivers window is frozen, won’t roll down. Anyone know how to fix this to prevent from happening again?

I drove mine around all day yesterday and it was -1F and felt great. I had serious fogging issue since my recirculation button is only 1/2 functioning (and should probably take a look at it again to see if there is an issue when it warms up). I literally had to scrape the inside of my windows and use a microfiber towel to get rid of the frost. Anyone have any more recommendations on the fogging issue?

Went to go start up the rig this morning -7F and it was completely dead. I checked the voltage and it was reading only 2.8V! Went to Walmart and picked up a battery and it started no problem.

I drove mine around all day yesterday and it was -1F and felt great. I had serious fogging issue since my recirculation button is only 1/2 functioning (and should probably take a look at it again to see if there is an issue when it warms up). I literally had to scrape the inside of my windows and use a microfiber towel to get rid of the frost. Anyone have any more recommendations on the fogging issue?

Went to go start up the rig this morning -7F and it was completely dead. I checked the voltage and it was reading only 2.8V! Went to Walmart and picked up a battery and it started no problem.
Frost inside seems likely to be a non-functioning fresh/recirc mechanism. Put the system in recirc and take a look at the cabin filter. You can watch the fresh/recirc mechanism work (or not in you case).

The lowest temp indicated on the dash of my 2011LC was -40f last year here in Bozeman.

Has any one found the low and high temp limits of the system itself? The display dropped down to -40f real fast that morning then didn't change +/- at all until I restarted after sitting for a couple of hours. I have not checked the OM. Fun info for others to be a part of if some one else finds it first. Other places in the area had recorded lower temps than that so my guess is that it bottomed out.

Adding further, here's a good thread with various fixes.

The lowest temp indicated on the dash of my 2011LC was -40f last year here in Bozeman.

Has any one found the low and high temp limits of the system itself? The display dropped down to -40f real fast that morning then didn't change +/- at all until I restarted after sitting for a couple of hours. I have not checked the OM. Fun info for others to be a part of if some one else finds it first. Other places in the area had recorded lower temps than that so my guess is that it bottomed out.

I found it, well sort of...In my OM on p.395
3-7 Other interior features
Outside temperature display
"The displayed temperature ranges from -22F (-30C) up to 122F (50C)

The picture is pointing to the CD slot on the radio not at the top of the dash digital display.

My sub stopped working when it hit -40 Saturday morning. It is still -20 so too cold to trouble shoot the amp and see what is disconnected or blown.
I did learn, after having the Lexus for over 4 years, that I have a button for heated wiper defrost but don't know if I still have that feature after having the windshield replaced a few months ago. (never needed it in Vegas)

If you’re recirc isn’t stuck closed, make sure you don’t have the cowl leak. Very common cause for excess moisture inside the cab.

I ran the cartridge type block heater on my tundra 5.7 and have been unable to find that heater from anywhere. What are you all running? Anyone know where I can find a block heater? Everywhere says unavailable....

Have any of you all ever had problems with vehicles at <0F? This thread seems like an odd question.

Like @stonepa mentioned -20F and below are common up here in Alaska for weeks on end. There are a ton of 200’s as well as almost every other vehicle you can think of. I have battery warmers and block heaters on all the gas cars and plug in at below about 15 or 20F.

Other than dead starter batteries (which I just change them all every 4 years proactively). I’ve never had a cold related issue out of my gas cars LX, Subarus, MB’s. Both Teslas do great even down to -40F for 9 winters now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom