Cold start issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
Since last Thursday (5 days ago) my 200’s engine dies immediately after it initially fires up (like when you disconnect the battery and reconnect and start the first time) on a cold staty (as in sitting off over night). It takes 2 to 4 start attempts before it will keep running. After it’s warm it restarts normally and runs fine.

My thought is that it may be a battery connection issue so I popped off the terminal connections and cleaned them with a terminal brush and reconnected the battery. I will see what happens in the morning.

Also the battery tests “good” with SOH in the 90’s.

I should also mention that I had a little incident last Friday with a tree that hit my SS tube snorkel which in turn tweaked my air box (broke one of the mounts). Could the MAF be causing this? It looks OK. I’m pretty sure the symptoms started before I hit the tree.

Any ideas other than battery connection?

Do the screen and gauges go black when it shuts off? That would seem electrical like the battery. Whereas if the gauges stay illuminated, that would seem to indicate (electro)mechanical like the MAF.

Check for codes yet?
I think all the guages stay lit. I just pulled codes and got P1604 Startability Malfunction which doesn’t tell me anything more than I already know. Still googling…

Edit: also had C1241 low or high power supply voltage. That might be related. Cleared the codes. Hopefully that and the cleaned battery terminals will do the trick. I’ll find out tomorrow.

Last edited:
check all your air hoses between the MAF and the throttle body. Also check all vacuum hoses. Make sure nothing is cracked, has a hole in it, or separated.

It fired up fine today. No new codes. I’m assuming it was the battery terminal connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom