What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well my fusible link finally took a crap. Out in the middle of nowhere.

Popped in one of my two spares and the truck came back to life, but here comes the RTH question: I'm observing a new behavior where the rig will rev to 2.2k on initial start exactly three times then settles to 1.1k. It'll do it when the engine is warm as well. Will this stop happening on its own or are more electrical gremlins at play?

Well my fusible link finally took a crap. Out in the middle of nowhere.

Popped in one of my two spares and the truck came back to life, but here comes the RTH question: I'm observing a new behavior where the rig will rev to 2.2k on initial start exactly three times then settles to 1.1k. It'll do it when the engine is warm as well. Will this stop happening on its own or are more electrical gremlins at play?

I believe that is the ecu relearning stuff. Don't sweat it unless it continues for more than a few days.

10 days left in the 4x4 labs group buy :)

What do you have going on here with the trim? I kinda dig it
Thanks! You're actually the second person to ask this week! I don't know much about it other than the previous owner installed it. But it just sticks on and I personally think it breaks up the look of the interior in a good way.

I think @MTrun found some he liked and might be able to help you with sourcing.

Finally found/installed the red hazard switch. Nothing crazy but saw it here in someone's thread and had to have it for unknown reasons
Where did you find the red hazard switch? I saw 84332-26060 - SWITCH ASSY, HAZARD WARNING SIGNAL listed on Amayama. Waiting to see if they actually have them or not.

Where did you find the red hazard switch? I saw 84332-26060 - SWITCH ASSY, HAZARD WARNING SIGNAL listed on Amayama. Waiting to see if they actually have them or not.
Those look cool. I am in Thailand at the moment and shipping for that to here would have only been $5 and it's $18 back home in USA. Too bad I am leaving in a couple of days. 😁

Yes!
Frequent *supervised* instruction on safe handling, use and practice is the best way to keep them safe around firearms in my opinion.

Besides, I just think it’s a fun thing to do with my kids. You can see my oldest in one of the photos giving instructions to my youngest daughter. He is very well trained and I trust him. That started with teaching him when he was young. Probably around 8 is when we started teaching our kids about guns and how to be safe with them.
We did it with cruisers too but my kids have chosen minitrucks and each of my 3 boys has one that we build together and they learn how to work on them. Knowledge is power, and self reliance.
I went through safety with my dad around the age of six, and then at 10 I went through an official gun safety class for kids...I think it was six months long, one night per week. But it could have been shorter. Time is different to a kid that young, hahaha!

Probably one of the best classes I took. And I kept taking it every few years up until I was about 21 years old...by then, I didn't have a lot of people around me who went out with their gear. But, I have people around me now who do so it's great to shake off the cobwebs :)

Partsouq Link for Red Hazard Switch Part # 84332-26080

Partsouq has it ready to go...around $55 with shipping ;)

I just added it (and the CDL switch from a Rav4) to my cruiser yesterday...you have to dremmel a small bit off the underside (right side) for it to be completely flush but it's great. AND it has some illumination to it via the dash light knob control.

700C8B42-7559-4D4F-861C-AAE68BB74D5E.jpeg

CD5C7A55-FD95-4B29-AE3C-924409A53409.jpeg

Death Valley with the family last weekend. Kids happy being naked in the springs. Wife not. Think I blew the inner axle seal on the DS front. Got some rock rash on one of the wheels. Sliced sidewall on the other side too, but it hasn't lost any air yet. These tires have a fair amount of sidewall damage though they aren't very old ~3yrs <15k, I may replace them just for peace of mind on the highway. Hiked some sand dunes and brought along a Henry lever 22 with subsonics for the kids to use on BLM land to shoot cans. Daughter is not super interested, but son is very interested so I've started with the safety instruction for him early.

All in all a quick but nice trip!

Quick stop
PXL_20230416_173128425.jpg

Not for driving, just hiking
PXL_20230416_172437041.jpg

Little guy waiting for his breakfast
PXL_20230416_132416169.jpg

Partsouq Link for Red Hazard Switch Part # 84332-26080

Partsouq has it ready to go...around $55 with shipping ;)

I just added it (and the CDL switch from a Rav4) to my cruiser yesterday...you have to dremmel a small bit off the underside (right side) for it to be completely flush but it's great. AND it has some illumination to it via the dash light knob control.

View attachment 3303112

View attachment 3303113
I like it, it only looks to be a vertical switch to me. But not bashing it by any means

Really like that clean knuckle. Mind sharing the story on the paint job? Painted long enough to tested durability yet? I've actually kinda gone the other way and leaned into the 'greasy is good protection' mindset and have been using fluid film before/after trips where salt is present. Paint looks so much nicer and is nicer to wrench on though.

Thank you for the reassurance. It fired up normally this morning and hasn't given me issues all day.

The crusty old one was well overdue.
Good you had a spare!

Really like that clean knuckle. Mind sharing the story on the paint job? Painted long enough to tested durability yet? I've actually kinda gone the other way and leaned into the 'greasy is good protection' mindset and have been using fluid film before/after trips where salt is present. Paint looks so much nicer and is nicer to wrench on though.
Thanks man! strong OCD here. How it was done at the ol Bimmer shop. Thats POR 15 dark grey ran out of black. Those knucks are a nightmare to clean once you go that far you may as well go all in! Definitely a more enjoyable re-assembly and an opportunity to inspect the work.
159715B9-48C6-42DC-9E7D-077EBE209651.jpeg
Last set Black

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom