Builds colonel mustard, in the garage, with a wrench (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He had a moment issue causing his tub to flex... hence the cracked paint. I think he's reduced the moment forces to negligible with that beefy welded bracket.

But now it will be a shear force on the interface between the slider and the tub at the bolt-on locations.

Realistically, it's likely only an issue in the long run and with heavy use...

me, audibly cave man grunting in agreeable tones.

me, audibly cave man grunting in agreeable tones.

I’ve only seen discriptions of the effects in cave painting in the Neander Valley. My 2nd cousins I believe. 😉

havnt posted on this thread in a while. been driving the heck out of mustard, it is a great driver. the brake mods i did are amazing, suspension is great. have only been doing routine maintenance and upkeep. i have have plans very soon to pull the transmission and do a clutch job, all parts are on hand. ill do the RMS while im in there and reseal the tranny and tcase. anyways i did end up with some new tires this week. im a fan of tall and narrow, suits my hobbies well. i also moved my sound bar inside of the conferr bench. its out of the way and works well, looks cleaner than mounted to the rollbar also. also notice i was able to snag an oem fuel can for the oem jerry can rack on the back woot woot.

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg
IMG_4754.jpg
IMG_4834.jpg

I thought all Swampers were made in the 1990s and just resold on Marketplace over and over

i think that would fit the theme im going for here

a while back i made a little bracket on one of my rear ambi doors and use some m8 riv nus to attach a factory jerry can rack, and then got ahold of an oem plate holder for the jerry can rack. i liked it but i hated how low the plate hung. it literally came down to the bumperette. so i decided to mod it a little. i drilled the spot welds on the plate rack, moved the mount all the way to the bottom and welded it there, which raised the plate up where it looks much better. in the first pic you can see how low it was hanging.

View attachment 3170794

View attachment 3170796

View attachment 3170797

View attachment 3170799
Great build thread!
Do you have any photos of how you mounted the jerry can bracket to the rear door?
Thanks

Last edited:
Well, we know who is NOT getting stuck!

Truck is looking good, dig the swampers look.

Asu4runner

Did you have this truck at Petit Jean for the Arkansas Overland meet up earlier this year?

I thought that was the same truck. Nice 40. I will make a point of introducing myself next time. I look forward to meeting you.

Last edited:
Just finished this thread.

Love this build.

I need to fix my rear brakes. Pretty sure I’m having your same problem with brakes.
Thank you. Once I swapped to disc up front, all oem stuff, the truck really stops great. It’s a solid truck with no issues right now and I really love it. I have noticed that over time transmission fluid will creep into the tcase so I have to keep an eye on it.

I’ve been a little stale on the site lately but I have started construction on my shop. We bought a house last year, and a shop was high on my list. One piece at a time but it’s coming along. Work on the rigs has been slow.

IMG_9078.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom