Oil Filter Sizes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been running a 90915-YZZD3 toyota filter for my 98 since I purchased (changed oil about a week after she was home) and haven't had issues.. Amazon says that it fits a 2003 LC/LX so you should be just fine.

I have several YZZD1 filters sitting in the shelf …

These ok to use for the 2uzfe ??

I have several YZZD1 filters sitting in the shelf …

These ok to use for the 2uzfe ??
Not sure what the difference is, but the 2UZ-FE calls for the YZZD3. Since they use the same filters across multiple motors, I'm fairly confident that it won't work it it's a different part number.

Im getting different info on Google search.. and other forums. I trust mud .. but Some say the yzzd1 is same filter but smaller capacity.

I was sold the d1 from a local Toyota dealer for the 5vzfe im rebuilding.. looking at some charts online it appears the d1 is spec’d for the 4 cylinder and the d3 or g2 is specd for the v8 and v6 variants. I suspect the parts guy sold me the d1 because it is listed as “replaced by” -cross referenced for numerous models?

Would love to hear the parts gurus chime in ..

Wix 51516 for me. I use the Gold or Platinum filters. Been buying in bulk from FleetFilter since we have two 100 series trucks.

They work great.

There are two oil filter sizes that fit the North American 100-series V8 2UZ-FE engine. In Napa filter numbers, those are the 1348 (OEM and equivalent to YZZD3) and the 1516 (larger but fits and is equivalent to Wix 51516).

The Napa 1515 does not fit, even though I've seen it recommended elsewhere in forums. According to this parts website, the YZZD1 does not fit any Land Cruiser.

I buy either the filters in the first paragraph above or the Fram Tough Guard TG3614, depending on which is cheapest. I decided that as gentle as these engines are on oil and filters, the higher priced models below that are recommended elsewhere are not necessary:
  • Mobile1 102 (oem size)
  • Mobile1 209 (larger size that fits)
  • Toyota OEM Japanese-made 20004
  • K&N

Last edited:
There are two oil filter sizes that fit the North American 100-series V8 2UZ-FE engine. In Napa filter numbers, those are the 1348 (OEM and equivalent to YZZD3) and the 1516 (larger but fits and is equivalent to Wix 51516).

The Napa 1515 does not fit, even though I've seen it recommended elsewhere in forums. According to this parts website, the YZZD1 does not fit any Land Cruiser.

I buy either the filters in the first paragraph above or the Fram Tough Guard TG3614, depending on which is cheapest. I decided that as gentle as these engines are on oil and filters, the higher priced models below that are recommended elsewhere were not necessary:
  • Mobile1 102 (oem size)
  • Mobile1 209 (larger size that fits)
  • Toyota OEM Japanese-made 20004
  • K&N
Thanks for the info. Next change I’m gonna grab some d3 or equivalent filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom