Oil Filter fitment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, about to do my first oil change on my lx470. I have a question; will a filter from a same engine tundra or 4 runner fit? Also is aftermarket filters like K&N fine or is OEM recommended? I ran a variety of filters in my honda civic for years with no issues but wondering if Toyota is a bit more particular. Thanks

Side notes here, I saw this OEM filters on our local Walmart shelf. the price is OK, not as low as toyota official price but acceptable.

Thanks guys. I ended up getting a mobil1 filter and will probably just run these/full synthetic for the vehicles lifespan I'm sure it will be fine?

Definitely. My old civic has had the oil changed every 6-10k KMs and runs fine for an old car. 325xxx kms on the LX ATM I'm sure she's got plenty of life left!

OEM D3 filters are best but,

I really do love Napa Gold and Wix oil filters, Ive cut them both open and are identical- made by the same manufacturer

Does Super Tech make a larger filter than the 3614 for the hundy?

I’m guess you can say I’m doing a stress limit experiment with my Lexii. I always use Walmart Super Tech oil and filters changing when dirty. I’m waiting any day now for an explosion that would stop the clock on the multi decade meta data analysis.

Mobil 1 filters will be just fine. More important is to keep oil in it and keep changing it regularly.
Frankie hit the nail on the head....regular oil/filter changes.

My '97 ASTRO had 300k on the clock w no smog or tranny issues. How? Oil change every 3k, filter change every 6k, change trany fluid every year, tyrany filter change every 2 yrs.

Rig died @ 300k due to incredibly stupid action of trying to drive 2 miles to tranny shop after spotting tyranny fluid in driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom