200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is this the correct part # for the TRD rims for a 2019 LX?

Wheel TRD Forged Aluminum Matte Black 18 Inch - Toyota (PT960-34200-02)​

It’s either these or stock 18” Landcruiser rims. Not sure which wouid look better on an atomic silver LX. Does anyone have the part # for these Landcruiser rims? Looks like these are refurbished. I assume these bolt right on to the 2019 LX?

F93C26D8-8CC4-4800-9444-3586D875493D.jpeg

This is 15 offset and 35x10.50r17…tires narrow Enough to just, perhaps, fit under the fenders at this wide of an offset. I could probably fit 285’s (11.22”) wide tires if I rolled the fenders.

The following is not an exhaustive comparison of wide vs narrow offsets. And I may be incorrect. But based on my reading:

Wider offset can theoretically cause your vehicle to dart into puddles but also adds a benefit of being more stable.

Narrower offset will sort of stay the direction they’re pointing when in a hydroplaning situation but will make a vehicle more tippy.

You might think of it like walking through a tiled house barefoot…put your feet wider than shoulder width and you’re quite stable…but step on an oily patch and your foot darts that way and you fall down (wide offset).

Shuffle through the tiled floor area w feet right under you close together (narrow offset) and even if you step in an oily spot, your feet aren’t going to dart out from under you…but if you trip on something, youre less stable so more likely fall to tip over.

Walk w your feet at shoulder width (optimum scrub radius) and you somewhat reduce chances of slipping should you step in an oil spot but also somewhat reduce the chances you trip on something and tip over…

Since we aren’t Toyota engineers, we may not be able to ascertain what optimum scrub radius is, however…we know what they run (60 offset for a 31.3-32” tire and 50 offset for a 32.8” tire), but we don’t know how much the parameters were driven by being less tippy vs less slippy…or how much tucking the tires into the fenders for fuel economy may have come into play…or any other variables I (as a non engineer) cannot think of.

Further complicating things: Within the offsets we are considering, the differences may not even be noticeable (1” wider than shoulder width vs 1” narrower than shoulder width probably won’t have an appreciable difference on how tippy or slippy you are in a tiled oily/trippy floor for instance)….

you might liken it to the age old argument 9mm vs 45 acp. The differences may seem large on paper…but in practice their relative utility is comparable.

View attachment 3204388

View attachment 3204390

Perhaps that could be a way to interpret it. Might be worthwhile to consider that if using a narrower tire for low offsets, that the track width at the widest extents, i.e. the outer sidewall, isn't any further out than nominal offset with a nominally wide tire. It's just trading tire footprint on the inside part. So roll stability would not be necessarily increased.

The important part for scrub radius, Ackerman, and Dave's point (@Heckraiser , great throwback! I remember that article) is the virtual pivot point on the contact patch of the tire for which offset impacts greatly. From @lx200inAR graphic, it's really about the virtual midpoint of the steering axis on the contact patch of the tire. With too aggressive an offset, the altered Ackerman will actually cause the sidewalls to roll over easier in cornering, possibly negating any advantage of roll stability gained by width.

Last edited:

It’s either these or stock 18” Landcruiser rims. Not sure which wouid look better on an atomic silver LX. Does anyone have the part # for these Landcruiser rims? Looks like these are refurbished. I assume these bolt right on to the 2019 LX?

View attachment 3204620
Anything OEM for a Tundra, Land Cruiser or LX from 2008-2021 will fit your LX. There were 3-4 versions of the TRD PRO wheel including a matte black, shiny black, and bronze option. The listed wheel is the OEM wheel for a LC from 2016-on i believe. Definitely don't buy those at a dealership. There are plenty of takeoffs in the classifieds for next to nothing.

View attachment 3204620

No that is the OEM Wheel for LC 2016+

TRD PRO Back look like this.

Have an opportunity to get into the 34x10.5r17 KO2 for around $1500...
DT is doing a courtesy swap of my BS japan made C load.

Should i do it? Or just wait for the eventual "35"s?

I cant believe im even considering spending another stack on tires so soon. IDK anything anymore man.

I cant believe im even considering spending another stack on tires so soon. IDK anything anymore man.

I’d be surprised if those are any bigger than a 33”.

I’d be surprised if those are any bigger than a 33”.

Spec is 33.5. I would gain about an 1”. I dont think ill do it, i have better uses for the money.

So that’s $300 each, it’s a solid discount. If you like the ko2 nothing wrong with doing it.
But you just put all that time and effort into the suspension, might as well finish it off with some 35” RTs.:grinpimp::grinpimp:

Picking up a LX570 for a new family ride.

I searched and couldn’t find an answer….

Looking at Method MR314 17x7.5 +25 with 285/70/17 for the LX 570.

Is going with a 17x7.5 with +25 going to fit?

A pic of my SC’d 450….my eyes are going crossed from searching.

94906425-2658-4410-9BC3-A7800BBB4A5F.jpeg

Picking up a LX570 for a new family ride.

I searched and couldn’t find an answer….

Looking at Method MR314 17x7.5 +25 with 285/70/17 for the LX 570.

Is going with a 17x7.5 with +25 going to fit?

A pic of my SC’d 450….my eyes are going crossed from searching.

View attachment 3205838
Yep, 285 70 r17 would fit with any offset between 0-50. 25-50 is the ideal spread.

25 is a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom