200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you! I ended up going with SCS Ray10's.

2023-01-17 14.45.47.jpg

a bit inconclusive in the data...
Could a 285/75-17 with Rock warriors fit a stock 2017, No lift.. with just plastics adjustments?
and still get all the articulation out of the suspension?
Yes (wel.. on an LX for sure)…devil is in the details…

Hey guys, quick question on fit, i believe these will work but just want to verify before i drop the cash.

2018 White LX, currently undergoing chrome delete. Goal is to mount 275/65/20's duratecs on these. What do you think? Not style but fitment.

Specs:
Wheel Diameter: 20inch
Wheel Size: 20X8.5
Finish: GLOSS BLACK FULL
Wheel Offset: +40mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x150
Wheel Bore: 110
Condition: New 100% aftermarket products
Quantity: 4 x 20x8.5

That's a 34" tire, so it may require some re-arranging of the plastics behind the bumper, but I imagine it will fit with no more effort that than.

That's a 34" tire, so it may require some re-arranging of the plastics behind the bumper, but I imagine it will fit with no more effort that than.
Yeah I’ve seen posts of people running 275 65 r20 on even stock wheels. 40 offset should make fitment about as smooth as it’ll get.

Probably will have to push the front fender liner forward and address the front mudflap area.

Yeah I’ve seen posts of people running 275 65 r20 on even stock wheels. 40 offset should make fitment about as smooth as it’ll get.

Probably will have to push the front fender liner forward and address the front mudflap area.
Awesome, thanks guys! I dont mind a little trimming, just was curious about the offset which i dont totally understand. I originally was going to go with a stock 20 inch wheel and i have a set of 1 inch spacers on order from BORA. Sounds like i wont need these anymore with this wheel. Appreciate the feedback.

I've been reading through tire threads here for about a week now.
iu

Can you guys Help me narrow things down for my LX?
I tow pretty often, 15-20 trips a year. There are a lot small elevation changes on the roads around here. The transmission gets a work out. With tongue weight I am easily at or over 1000 pounds of cargo and the trailer weight can be figured at 3.5k.

Last summer I watched a gentleman in a a brand new GMC 4x4 learn where his jack was on his truck because his Michelin tore a hole in the side wall. We were on the river, there is gravel and sharp rocks and it is busy at times. I prefer to avoid that kind of stress so I am happy to sacrifice some on road comfort for a tough tire. For the past couple years KO2s did that job. Falken, toyo and nitto are all on the short list.
I plan to run a set of Tundra 18s.
The tire I want to run is the 305/65/18 or maybe a 285/70/18. Maybe the more logical choice would be a 285/65/18. I would like to hear from you guys who are towing in particular.

Is a 1 inch wheel spacer a good fit for this setup? Is there a mud vendor that you guys would recommend I order from?
I am happy to to do some fender liner heat gun work, but I would like to keep the mudflaps.

1674338140165.png

1674338517107.png

Last edited:
iu

I tow pretty often, 15-20 trips a year. There are a lot small elevation changes on the roads around here. The transmission gets a work out. With tongue weight I am easily at or over 1000 pounds of cargo and the trailer weight can be figured at 3.5k.

Last summer I watched a gentleman in a a brand new GMC 4x4 learn where his jack was on his truck because his Michelin tore a hole in the side wall. We were on the river, there is gravel and sharp rocks and it is busy at times. I prefer to avoid that kind of stress so I am happy to sacrifice some on road comfort for a tough tire. For the past couple years KO2s did that job. Falken, toyo and nitto are all on the short list.
The tire I want to run is the 305/65/18 or maybe a 285/70/18. Maybe the more logical choice would be a 285/65/18. I would like to hear from you guys who are towing in particular.

Is a 1 inch wheel spacer a good fit for this setup? Is there a mud vendor that you guys would recommend I order from?
I am happy to to do some fender liner heat gun work, but I would like to keep the mudflaps.

View attachment 3225726

View attachment 3225727
1” is questionable I think in that, unless your wheels have a well placed “pocket” on the backside, the studs will protrude slightly on the front wheels and cause issues…you can alleviate this by drilling/grinding the pockets slightly. Not too difficult.

In my research, I determined that the most air you can get in the tires (lots of volume means lots of sidewall and lots of width) the less theoretical pressure you need to run to maintain a high load carrying capacity.

So a low profile 275 60 r20 requires a jolting 40 psi to meet minimum load requirements on my lx570…whereas a 35x10.50r17 requires 33…

If you’re going to run heavy loads you might consider the possibility that you need the fattest tallest tire you can reasonably run. Lt295 70 r18 is the one for an 18” rim if you want to be able to store the spare in the normal spot…at 35 psi (it’s minimum), it has an impressive load carrying capacity.

285 75 17 was the current thinking
Wider offset tend to, I think, reduce kdss clearance issues-I think there was a guy running 0 offset 35x10.5r17’s w no kdss rub for instance.

I’d lean towards 25 offset with 285 75 r17 on an lc200.

17" rim w/25 or 35mm offset, on an 18 LC, with 2" ome lift, is kdss something I'm gonna need to address?

OME 2" with 285/75/17 on 0mm offset wheel and I don't touch KDSS. I did have to do some trimming up front on the inner fender liner.

Awesome. I've already trimmed some with the current setup, so I may already have that handled.

I just barely clear the body mount. Your tire selection will impact this on a case by case basis. For reference I am running a 285/75/17 BFG KO2.

Last edited:
iu

View attachment 3225726

View attachment 3225727

I ran a 305/60R20 for years towing an 8k lbs 28' Airstream with my LX. That tire size is a hair smaller but pretty close to a 305/65R18. Doable and can be a pretty awesome setup if you're paying attention to the details. You may likely need a BMC. With towing, offset becomes more important as you'll be putting a lot of torque down in the driveline and that can cause the steering to pull and push. The 1" spacer (+35 net offset) should be just about right in this size.

The larger tire size makes gearing and engine braking less effective but at your weight should be fine with the torque of the 5.7L. Would be good to go with more aggressive brake pads and/or Tundra brakes (I'm assuming you have a pre-'16 LX?)

Checkout my tow report here for more details:

I ran a 305/60R20 for years towing an 8k lbs 28' Airstream with my LX. That tire size is a hair smaller but pretty close to a 305/65R18. Doable and can be a pretty awesome setup if you're paying attention to the details. You may likely need a BMC. With towing, offset becomes more important as you'll be putting a lot of torque down in the driveline and that can cause the steering to pull and push. The 1" spacer (+35 net offset) should be just about right in this size.

The larger tire size makes gearing and engine braking less effective but at your weight should be fine with the torque of the 5.7L. Would be good to go with more aggressive brake pads and/or Tundra brakes (I'm assuming you have a pre-'16 LX?)

Checkout my tow report here for more details:

Oh well that is a bit disappointing. I don't intend to do a body mount chop with the first set of tires.

So that leaves 285/70/18 or 285/65/18.

Is a spacer required for a 285?

1” is questionable I think in that, unless your wheels have a well placed “pocket” on the backside, the studs will protrude slightly on the front wheels and cause issues…you can alleviate this by drilling/grinding the pockets slightly. Not too difficult.

In my research, I determined that the most air you can get in the tires (lots of volume means lots of sidewall and lots of width) the less theoretical pressure you need to run to maintain a high load carrying capacity.

So a low profile 275 60 r20 requires a jolting 40 psi to meet minimum load requirements on my lx570…whereas a 35x10.50r17 requires 33…

If you’re going to run heavy loads you might consider the possibility that you need the fattest tallest tire you can reasonably run. Lt295 70 r18 is the one for an 18” rim if you want to be able to store the spare in the normal spot…at 35 psi (it’s minimum), it has an impressive load carrying capacity.
I love the look but loosing the gearing would make the drive with a trailer much less comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom