Events/Trails Jemez Mountains Clean Up: Nov 11th or 12th (2 Viewers)

May 28-29 or June 4-5

• May 28-29

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • June 4-5

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the car we need to recover. It looked like it had some speed before launching off from the right of the pic (uphill) to the left while going downhill. There's a large rock directly behind it that might need to be relocated. I took these pics three years when we recovered the other two rigs.

1667491433081.png

1667491449519.png

Here's the car we need to recover. It looked like it had some speed before launching off from the right of the pic (uphill) to the left while going downhill. There's a large rock directly behind it that might need to be relocated. I took these pics three years when we recovered the other two rigs.
I thought there was a log behind the car also in the way.

First question. Do you all want to start on the Friday the 11th or Saturday the 12th?
I'm able to camp Friday night. I have recovery gear.

View attachment 3158018

View attachment 3158019

I think it best to develop our plan on site but I think there is another option to take it down hill and pull it back to the road at a lower point from another direction. We shall see it should be fun.

I'll bring tire chains 😁

Everyone that has responded can start Friday. I propose we meet Friday at 11:00 (the group would prefer to start earlier or later please speak up) at the entrance to the USFS 4B road. I will attach a map that shows where that is for anyone not familiar with the meeting location. The drive to camping locations is short about 2 miles +/-. Set up camp and then we can go scout, plan, and start working if we want.

The 4B road entrance is off of Highway 4 on the South Side less than a mile east of the USFS Redondo Campground.

Labeled 4B Road over the blue spot in this picture.
7D50746F-E0FF-49E1-8E76-7AEEB0133D83.png

I've got that full size spare sit'n around you should take. If I can't make it, I'll send it along with someone....the spare is a one way trip and can be recycled with the vehicle.

Also we should take a bet on the number of pack rats that live in the vehicle. There were at least 1 or 2 snuggled up against the block 3 years ago......

After a stupid accident last night with an angle grinder and cutoff wheel I have a flipper instead of a left hand.

I will see how the rest of this week goes. I am still hoping to make it, but may just end up being more of a cheerleader.

After a stupid accident last night with an angle grinder and cutoff wheel I have a flipper instead of a left hand.

I will see how the rest of this week goes. I am still hoping to make it, but may just end up being more of a cheerleader.
Bummer, no problem I hope you recover quickly. I am sure we can still use you if you can make it but obviously take care of yourself first.

Umm, coffee cup top offer? :flipoff2:

Probably. Gonna be pretty damn worthless for anything else. Couldn't even button my pants this morning.

Probably. Gonna be pretty damn worthless for anything else. Couldn't even button my pants this morning.

Yeah, you would want wear pants for this. Necessary safety gear, I wouldn’t want you to injure anything else. You could serve as the safety officer but some might question your judgement 😂. Lol, no really we would be happy to have you up even if it is just emotional support. :beer:

Yeah, you would want wear pants for this. Necessary safety gear, I wouldn’t want you to injure anything else. You could serve as the safety officer but some might question your judgement 😂. Lol, no really we would be happy to have you up even if it is just emotional support. :beer:

Haha. I just switched to bib overalls. More coverage and no chance of sharing butt cleavage.

I should be there though, my wife says I will just reinjure myself if I go because I can't just stand around and watch.

That sucks and I know how crappy it can be! You need anything please say so… hope you’re right handed.

That sucks and I know how crappy it can be! You need anything please say so… hope you’re right handed.
Thank you!

Yeah, I am right handed, but when my left hand is out if commission I see how much I use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom