Events/Trails Jemez Mountains Clean Up: Nov 11th or 12th (1 Viewer)

May 28-29 or June 4-5

• May 28-29

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • June 4-5

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
Who would be interested in trying to retrieve the third vehicle we didn’t get too on the first round of this project. I was thinking about reaching out to the USFS again to see if they would allow us to do it and drop it off at the same place we did last time.

I think this could be more fun to plan as a an over night to give us a couple days to get it done.

For those who were not part of the initial effort the vehicle that still needs removed. Is shown in post #25 of this thread.

Time frame wise I was thinking mid May to early mid June.

The USFS bladed the road in there last year and has had the back section of the road closed since. I will need to confirm they didn’t remove the vehicle already and they will allow us to drive back there to do the work.

I am thinking we need a minimum of 4 - 6 vehicles to pull this off. More is always welcome.

Post up if you think you would be interested. I will reach to the USFS this week to get some more information.

Last edited:
I am definitely in- dependent on schedule.

I'm in!

Who would be interested in trying to retrieve the third vehicle we didn’t get too on the first round of this project. I was thinking about reaching out to the USFS again to see if they would allow us to do it and drop it off at the same place we did last time.

I think this could be more fun to plan as a an over night to give us a couple days to get it done.

For those who were not part of the initial effort the vehicle that still needs removed. Is shown in post #25 of this thread.

Time frame wise I was thinking mid May to early mid June.

The USFS bladed the road in there last year and has had the back section of the road closed since. I will need to confirm they didn’t remove the vehicle already and they will allow us to drive back there to do the work.

I am thinking we need a minimum of 4 - 6 vehicles to pull this off. More is always welcome.

Post up if you think you would be interested. I will reach to the USFS this week to get some more information.

oh HELL YES :bounce:

That third vehicle is stuck in there good and it's gonna be a great exercise in recovery pulling it out.

Yes but depends on timing…

I’ve still got that spare tire that should fit it

Someone bringing the keg?

I will help out!

Can I just come watch and make inappropriate suggestions? I'm good at that

In seriousness, thank you for getting this together, @Tank5 . You are doing good service

spectators are welcome as well as cheerleaders. In you case we will take what we can get.

Thanks for the kind comments, hopefully it works out.

I did call the Jemez DR and left a message for him today. I will provide more updates after I hear back from him.

I appreciate all the interest, it says a lot about the members of this club. Good things that is! I am looking forward to doing this again. Stay tuned.

I heard back from the USFS DR, he left a message that was supportive of the idea. That is enough for me to start selecting a date to get on everyone’s calendar. I would prefer not to do it on Memorial Day weekend as it gets crazy up here then. Would it work to try and schedule this for the weekend of May 21-22?

Would it work to try and schedule this for the weekend of May 21-22?
I suggest you start a new thread with that date in the title.

Edit: Check that. Let me take the current discussion and make a new thread, or at least try. Now where did I put that magic wand?

Looking forward to this trip. May 21-22 still looking good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom