Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Required Tech: “Spark plug”

BTW the Mule shares the garage with a 72 350f. This is what I started with two years ago. Still not quite finished. Carbs need rebuilt, head light and front turn signals need wired in. Hopefull, that I’ll be putting around soon.

View attachment 3027477

View attachment 3027478

I remember getting a couple of Four's in the shop I worked at in the mid-70's, and what a pain it was to get to and synchronize all four carbs!

I remember getting a couple of Four's in the shop I worked at in the mid-70's, and what a pain it was to get to and synchronize all four carbs!
Total PITA…I don’t currently have a set of vacuum gauges to synch the carbs, but I’ve had pretty good luck bench synching them in the past. I need new main/idle jets to comp for pod filters and exhaust.

Gas prices keep going north it may become my daily driver. 🙏

TLC Tech: “Nippon-Denso”.

Last edited:
New kit (smalls).

Trying the LED under dash light, every little bit helps. Also, when I had the interior out earlier, I think I packed up my tool bag retaining band in the box headed west to lower Babylon. Sooo, now I have a spare 😁 Thanks @ToyotaMatt for the assist.

Putting together a new taillight bracket for the summer topless look. Using an aftermarket bracket. Should look OME-ish next to all the black diamond plate :rolleyes:.

IMG_3166.JPG

IMG_3167.JPG

New kit (smalls).

Trying the LED under dash light, every little bit helps. Also, when I had the interior out earlier, I think I packed up my tool bag retaining band in the box headed west to lower Babylon. Sooo, now I have a spare 😁 Thanks @ToyotaMatt for the assist.

Putting together a new taillight bracket for the summer topless look. Using an aftermarket bracket. Should look OME-ish next to all the black diamond plate :rolleyes:.

View attachment 3028497

View attachment 3028498

the newly updated GREEN 6-diodes Lumens are going to take you to a new TEq level :)

Your Fascination and Sophistication of KUSTOM KOITo LED Equipped OEM Interior Illumination will evolve from here on out Donald ...

20200506_210219_2048x - Copy.jpg

1654711320138.jpeg

Reproduction door straps made it up the mountain this afternoon. I "fiddled" with it for a while. This configuration may or may not be exactly correct but IMHO it looks the "cleanest" of all my trials and machinations.

IMG_3185.JPG

IMG_3186.JPG

IMG_3187.JPG

Cool!

All the parts arrived for my license plate bracket. Went with an aftermarket bracket, 50$ Sheckles before adding OEM lights and cover. I could have gone cheaper and just mounted the license direct and tossed in an LED. Opted for a traditional 76 "look". One issue: the lights and covers did not come with mounting hardware. So, I'll make the trek over the river to the big city hardware store tomorrow and see what ACE has to offer.

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

All the parts arrived for my license plate bracket. Went with an aftermarket bracket, 50$ Sheckles before adding OEM lights and cover. I could have gone cheaper and just mounted the license direct and tossed in an LED. Opted for a traditional 76 "look". One issue: the lights and covers did not come with mounting hardware. So, I'll make the trek over the river to the big city hardware store tomorrow and see what ACE has to offer.

View attachment 3029526

View attachment 3029527

The reproduction safety door straps kit look killer kool period correct to me , the optional NON-USA Desert Tan webbing is not only HIP , but unique as all get out too :cool:

Tag Bracket Lamps Needed Hardware as follows :

- 4 needed HEX NUTS to mount lamps themselves to your nice new frame you have going on :
4mm female thread diameter

- 4 needed hex bolts or machine screws to affix the new USA-SPEC. paint color PEWTER lamp shades :
5mm x 12mm long

or

these and this are in the morning mail out to u Donald ........ :):beer:

- non-usa oem double sems 7mm hex / p2 jis pillips combo machine screws / micro bolts for the 2 shades qty x 4 pcs

- 4mm stainless steel marine grade hex nits for lamps mounting studs

- qty x 3 stainless steel OEM non-usa 6m hex bolts phillips / hex combo double sems for mounting tag bracket itself to the actual rear of land cruiser w/ 3 matching stainless oem flange nuts too

- 4pc from and rear actual tags / license plates , non-USA " patina-proof per the microfiche " mounting single fender washer 6m x 20mm same phillips / hex 10mm toll size mounting bolts

- everything is stainless minus the 4 lamp shade 5m mini double oem sems bolts .........fyi

- have not numbered crunched them in SS YET ! .......but one day soon :cool:

Since I just printed your priority mail shipping label Donald you don’t really have much of a choice in the matter ….💥😅

After all somebody needs to be the first test subject for my prototype 🤔

New oversized DIE cut parts bags …..

i forgot to mention the qty x 2 shock proof and water proof alloy metal base material Light Emitting Diode bulbs ,

KOOL-White spectrum tone / 12 diodes per lamp / 360' beam angle / 148 lumens each

74D7525B-96EC-4B68-9F91-4FDC6A922B12.jpeg
B1D7724F-2270-4260-9643-FA35B73A3E2D.jpeg
EFEFB20D-679C-43CA-954C-DCB385C5CDF3.jpeg
8364B2AC-4321-44CA-9DED-572671CECDC7.jpeg

003D9D36-13FE-42BE-BEE0-49ACFE8A21BF.jpeg

1654829608584.png
5A8A2A84-AA6A-4537-B406-A5BBEAC5C418.jpeg

Last edited:
I sent your shipping and tracking 411 to your shop-hot line just now

Thanks Donald …🙋‍♂️

I sent your shipping and tracking 411 to your shop-hot line just now

Thanks Donald …🙋‍♂️

Speechless Matt,

If you ever need an old, grizzled fella, who is prone to bouts of aimless wandering, I know a guy... ;)

Speechless Matt,

If you ever need an old, grizzled fella, who is prone to bouts of aimless wandering, I know a guy... ;)

if you can operate a 3-M PRO-GRADE Tape Gun , and use a Milwaukie Titanium Razor Blade equipped knife on boxes and bubble wrap without hurting your self

in the process your hired ! :cool:

Picked up a set of black after-market mirrors. I needed a set to mount to the windshield (more on that later). Took a chance on these and I believe they will work out OK. Trying to get the Mule inspection worthy for forays outside the wire. It is after all the DQ season.

IMG_3193.JPG

IMG_3194.JPG

If it was easy working on a 46 yr old TLC, I'd hire a monkey to do it. Well, I guess I sorta did hire one…😳

Somewhere in the distant past the Mule received a not so great respray. Pretty sure it’s acrylic enamel so, that will bracket the timeframe the Dune Beige went over the original Sky Blue. I don’t believe the windshield hinges were taken off before the Beige was put down. Pretty sure it has the original JIS hardware underneath the numerous coats of paint. I tried to mount my mirrors today but the repaint was not making it easy. I broke out the Vessel and a BFH and barley put a scratch on the enamel.

Soooo, I used a jewelers file to remove as much of the paint as I could reach and went to the bullpen for a can of “The 40 Owners Best Friend”. PB Blaster or Kroil. decided to go with the "Lefty". IE the jumbo can of PB Blaster cause the Mule can’t hit the curve.

Soaked it down pretty good and I’ll repeat the wash and rinse over the next few days to try and eradicate some of the red scourge holding my windshield hinges hostage. If the PB doesn’t resolve the issue, I’ll bring in my "Fast Baller" can of Kroil and go medieval on it.

IMG_3189 (1).JPG

IMG_3190 (1).JPG

Last edited:
USPS delivered a package of "smalls" yesterday. New magnetic diff plug(s) from a later model Toyota.

They are 10mm Allen drive, thread pitch is 18x1.5. I think these will work. If not, I have some shiny new paper weights.

IMG_3196.JPG

Those appear to be the same ones that I got from @orangefj45 along with a nifty Snap-on T wrench which is very handy for tight spots.

Yes they are. We’ve been using these for years and literally buy 100 at a time. They can be utilized as drain/fill plugs on any cruiser 9.5 axle/diff, Tcase and manual transmission. We typically supply our customers with the matching Snap-on 10mm Allen wrench T-handle which fits easily in the glove box. Handy to always carry that in your cruiser since it’s an uncommon size.

Happy to help!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom