Denso alternator deal FYI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can still snag one if you call or google around... fingers crossed. A spare alt would be good to have in the stash.

27020-45140-84 is now DISCONTINUED.

Sweet. When my alternator goes tango uniform, I'll just replace it with a new one that's attached to a V8.

Since some of you are swapping the double pulley out with your original pulley. Can someone take some measurements for me with the double pulley? What's the distance from the outer groove (deepest point of the grove) to the base of the pulley. I have a damaged 3B alternator pulley that appears to have the same offset as the second groove of the double pulley you're removing.

Anyone have any luck finding some of these recently (Pn 27020-45140-84)?

Just discovered this thread, and have keen interest as my alternator is dying (dim brake light, low output) and am trying to figure out my course of action (rebuild, gm, parts-store brands).

Don't really like any of those options and got fired up to find this thread then about 1/2 through my dreams were crushed.

Anyone have any luck finding some of these recently (Pn 27020-45140-84)?

Just discovered this thread, and have keen interest as my alternator is dying (dim brake light, low output) and am trying to figure out my course of action (rebuild, gm, parts-store brands).

Don't really like any of those options and got fired up to find this thread then about 1/2 through my dreams were crushed.

I would check online dealer sites. Give them a call and see if NOS is available. Even ebay sellers may have NOS.

To resurrect:
I received a new remanufactured alternator from O'Reilly's today (lifetime warranty replacement on an older unit).

The one I received is throwing me for a loop. Their site show compatibility with a 1979-1981 Celica Supra. This casting doesn't look like anything I can find, plus the pigtail connector is odd too. This was the 55 amp option. No Denso markings in the casting anywhere. Does anyone recognize this alternator?

The old unit a gave as the core was a rebuild that looked like an OEM 60 alternator.
PXL_20220528_013116250.jpg

PXL_20220528_013139027.jpg

PXL_20220528_013110904.jpg

If poster passes, I'll take that alternator, assuming it's for sale.

@TRAIL TAILOR

If poster passes, I'll take that alternator, assuming it's for sale.

@TRAIL TAILOR

A

Its the last in existence that I know of. I have one person in front of you. Not sure you'd want to spend the $$$ he's offered. Only reason I dug it out was because of what he offered.

J

Fair enough. :)

To resurrect:
I received a new remanufactured alternator from O'Reilly's today (lifetime warranty replacement on an older unit).

The one I received is throwing me for a loop. Their site show compatibility with a 1979-1981 Celica Supra. This casting doesn't look like anything I can find, plus the pigtail connector is odd too. This was the 55 amp option. No Denso markings in the casting anywhere. Does anyone recognize this alternator?

The old unit a gave as the core was a rebuild that looked like an OEM 60 alternator.

View attachment 3019582

View attachment 3019583

View attachment 3019584

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom