Builds 1965 Seminole Red FJ45 SWB (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So if you are not cheating you are not trying right?

I jumped the gun on him and dared him to pass me on the double yellow and he clowned me again. I even burned rubber on this launch and got creamed.

Trucks entering highway 😂

So I called the Wizard and asked him to do the honors of driving Seminole in a drag race versus the Goat.

They’re a close match. The Goat runs great. Anyone that follows that ongoing build thread often sees me driving it 80 mph with no effort.

But it’s a stock 2F. Completely dies at 3100 RPM providing power.

It also has a 4 speed which I thought would help a bit off the line and it did not.

Feast your eyes on the destruction.

Wholly smoked!!

So now that I’ve shown the motor is insane maybe Cam will finish his hand wringing and tell the rest of the story ….

Meanwhile Factor 55

AB7B1501-0D68-48D0-B5B6-14BA93C7F056.jpeg

Just for s***s giggles I drove my 40 today and took it up to 2400RPMs and I was barely at 55mph
🤬. 🤢with envy

I remember when I brought my mustard 40 back from @wngrog the first time. I was turning 2800 RPM’s and it just felt like it might go at any point. With the new motor, I routinely hit 3500 before I shift and it’s smooth as can be.

I saw 5K flash across the Sniper screen a few times with this one :grinpimp:

Back to the story…

Recap: Dyno try #1 resulted in a dead Sniper before we even started. Red is back at the shop. Fred Smith and the boys are behind the scenes, rushing a Sniper for next day hand delivery.

Next day, the Sniper shows up. We get it swapped over and take it out for a test drive…

(These sound like ass playing back on a phone. It sounds much better with headphones or AirPods)

Here’s a little more spirited romp on the throttle, blasting up the viaduct that carries us safely over the hood instead of through. This was a second gear rolling start up to the speed limit. 60% throttle max:

We have the truck back where it was, which means we’re almost ready for the dyno. I just need to be able to connect to the Holley software.

This time, we’re almost in the clear. We can connect Sniper to laptop, but need to update the Holley Software on the laptop itself before we can proceed.

A few hours later, we are fully updated and connected, and save & reload the config file to confirm. Excitedly, I text the dyno guy, who tells us to be there first thing in the morning.

Nolen, who is eager to get the truck back and willing to jinx all of our hard work for a thread update, says he will meet us there so he can take the truck home as soon as the dyno is over

78953602-11CA-44E4-A67D-6CBFBE676C93.jpeg

The drive over in the morning is strong. Nothing out of the ordinary. They put the truck on the dyno. The mood is tense.

2B6A0D33-A19D-41C7-8D15-12718EEAF572.jpeg

The first pull of the day is a 3/4 pull up to 3500 rpm. We didn’t even know he was recording - we just thought he was calibrating.

Here it is again:

I was more than excited when I saw the screen. We saw 189 ft-lbs at the wheel, which is a nice increase over Nolen’s Warthog, which put down 166

6CDD87D8-7711-43C1-A446-8D36580B435F.png

It only made 127 hp because he cut the run short. It probably would have made another 15-20 if he ran the RPMs up.

Here’s the Warthog vs a stock 2F for reference. This engine was the same specs, but used Toyota rods & pistons

EE5DF61B-DE34-4B39-A916-979ADDE3AEC8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom