Builds 1963 FJ45 SWB in Cavalry Blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Press on lasted until 9/69 the switch to a F155 and 70 model. 9/69+ had the nut. Believe many 68 F145 had a double pulley harmonic balancer and still press on. My 9/67 is only single pulley but has plugs on the head where an air rail would be.

Since it doesn't have the F135 serial number listed on the plaque on the firewall I would think long and hard about keeping it. Current auctions restored with later ungraded power trains are not hurting the value. The idea of running an A/C compressor on a F135 think I would be disappointed with the lack of performance.

IMG_5158.jpeg

IMG_5162.jpeg

I am not sure if the balancers are interchangeable between the nut or no nut?

No engine S/N is a dealer replacement motor. Looks like an F145. What’s the date code on the block (numbers on block on front driver’s side below the exhaust manifold)?

My ‘63 45 SWB is an early ‘63 that’s 93 units earlier than this one, and it originally had the side-shifter 3-spd tranny. Along with the fixed windshield frame, the short door ribs, triangle tool box, and driver’s seat frame tell me this is an early ‘63 as well. Can’t quite tell from pics, but a centered rear diff would also point to early.
Yep it has a centered rear diff.
Been reading your project posts and missed where you got you windshield gasket from?
Hear tell later model have different size glass and gaskets?

If you need glass here in Phoenix, go to Bell Glass. They have done many 40 windshields, etc for me. They will provide the glass and gaskets. Last 40 windshield cost about $200 complete.
Whom would you recommend for body work? Have an appt with Koppy’s on Thursday. Have a Myriad of issues need correcting from previous painters.

No engine S/N is a dealer replacement motor. Looks like an F145. What’s the date code on the block (numbers on block on front driver’s side below the exhaust manifold)?

This is not an F145. Most likely a 9/71-9/73 build F155. The F145 and F155 up to 9/71 had an oil filled tube on the block not a cap in the valve cover.

But I thought the F155 had the oil filter on the dizzy side? It’s not an F135 though for sure.

But I thought the F155 had the oil filter on the dizzy side? It’s not an F135 though for sure.

The 9/73-1/75 F155 had the new oiling system that moved the oil filter to the right side on the block. This is often called the 2F oiling system but it actually started with the 74 model F engine. F155 started 10/71. The 68/69 F145 have the wide intake manifold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom