Builds 1965 Seminole Red FJ45 SWB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The swampers are even better in person. They sound so good going down the road.

Totally!

F40613BE-B5EC-4B56-91B6-82367943D2F9.jpeg

I found the rattle. The hole I had for the transmission was not large enough so when you torqued the motor it was hitting.

Fixed.

Added a matching pair of shackles on the front. The ones on there were stock length. These are the 4.8”‘that Man A Fre sells.

I measured caster before. With the 4* shims it was 3* positive. Now it’s 1* positive which is back to stock. Took it for a drive and it tracks perfectly.

View attachment 3530622View attachment 3530624View attachment 3530625

I like it.

Flexed it up. Nothing hits. Rear is close though. View attachment 3530626
View attachment 3530627
Do you know if these shackles will work with Old Man Emu springs? I’d like to lift the front of my 40 an inch or so, I realize I’d could upgrade to heavy springs but this seems like an easier solution. I’ve got 4 degree shims also so caster should be fine.

Yep, aftermarket shackles and pins work perfectly fine with Emu springs, just make sure you get the correct pin diameter shackles for your year/application. Factory bushes don't work on Emu springs in earlier applications.
Do you know if these shackles will work with Old Man Emu springs? I’d like to lift the front of my 40 an inch or so, I realize I’d could upgrade to heavy springs but this seems like an easier solution. I’ve got 4 degree shims also so caster should be fine.

Yep, aftermarket shackles and pins work perfectly fine with Emu springs, just make sure you get the correct pin diameter shackles for your year/application. Factory bushes don't work on Emu springs in earlier applications.
Awesome, that’s what I’d figured but thanks for confirming! My OME shackles are a little under 3” so the 4.8” Man a Fre’s should net me an inch of lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom