Tesla Android Style Stereos Units for the 200- Combined (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed this unit few months ago.

Highs:
Apple carplay
Better functionality due to android

Lows:
Screen is not very visible during day, looks great at night
Finicky at times, so be patient.

ekolpack - Did you ever get the Ekiy to work? I’m looking at it for my LC200 as a drop-in replacement for the factory JBL System.

My main concerns are - drive factory amp + speakers (I’m fine with the JBL factory sound) & reverse camera.
FWIW, I purchased one of the EIKY Units and could not get it to work. No sound, but did not spend a lot of time on it. I asked which one worked and they told me STYLE A and I bought it. For a 2010 200 with JBL.

Issue is you cannot install it without hacking a bunch of plastic to make it fit. Not prepared to do it. Also not sure if it would fit better with the JBL.

In order to get refund, you have to ship it back to China. Not worth it.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Hey Good People, any update on these EKIY units, or other “Tesla-style“ units with the 7862 processor? Is the fitment off on all of these per Slee’s comment? Also, is the 7862 really worth it over the PX6, especially when considering the availability and hardware selection of the PX6 units? Looking into a solution and trying to make heads or tails of all the good info in this thread!

Hey buddy, I'm very interested in how this is working out for you? I have a 2015 200. I'm trying keep a very classy look and still have the latest technology. I have the grom but it's limited at best. What are you seeing so far?

Hey buddy, how is this working out for you so far? I've got a 2015.

I was unable to work on the Cruiser project over the winter, just getting back to it. Will have a video of the HU operation very soon. Sorry for the long delay!

I had broken my mic and I couldn't find any research on what the replacement was. I bought several and this one worked. Most likely others won't run into the same problem, but if you do I have done the research for you

Amazon product ASIN B08394KPVB

Is this the 7862 EKIY HU? If so, did you have the same fitment issues as Slee?
I imported this from China. Hardware installation went smooth. All software settings.

I imported this from China. Hardware installation went smooth. All software settings.
Sorry... I may have missed that in the thread. Is this a 7862 or PX6 HU? Is there a link?

I want one of these if just to tinker. Cannot get a vender to honor listed prices on aliexpress. 4 different venders, bait and switch, and inevitably ask for more money to complete the transaction. Usually find a listing for $650ish...then they ask for $200-300 more from the initial payment. I've been refusing on principle and get a refund. I'm rethinking as honestly, if I can get ahold of a unit for less than $1k, still not a bad deal if it turns out to work well.

I want one of these if just to tinker. Cannot get a vender to honor listed prices on aliexpress. 4 different venders, bait and switch, and inevitably ask for more money to complete the transaction. Usually find a listing for $650ish...then they ask for $200-300 more from the initial payment. I've been refusing on principle and get a refund. I'm rethinking as honestly, if I can get ahold of a unit for less than $1k, still not a bad deal if it turns out to work well.
The hero we need!

This one has the ideal form factor in my opinion. If it works of course. Maintain all the physical controls but offer better res and more screen horizontally rather than vertically.

The big thing I need is to make it integrate with the 2013 rear entertainment. Don't want to lose that.

And then a good 360 camera setup

The hero we need!

This one has the ideal form factor in my opinion. If it works of course. Maintain all the physical controls but offer better res and more screen horizontally rather than vertically.

The big thing I need is to make it integrate with the 2013 rear entertainment. Don't want to lose that.

And then a good 360 camera setup
You can hook it up to rear view monitor, if that's what you mean. However all controls from the unit itself. 360 camera is available.

This looks like an older PX6 design with a different sized IPS screen. I'm guessing it should be able to do everything the PX6 units can do, albeit pretty slow (that chip is 7 years old by now!) One issue you may run into, since the screen is pretty unique, the firmware is likely unique too, meaning you can't load any generic PX6 head unit ROM, meaning if you have issues with the software provided by this company, you're probably stuck with it. For these reasons, I'd be careful with this one, but if someone wants to give it a shot, I'd love to see their opinion!

This looks like an older PX6 design with a different sized IPS screen. I'm guessing it should be able to do everything the PX6 units can do, albeit pretty slow (that chip is 7 years old by now!) One issue you may run into, since the screen is pretty unique, the firmware is likely unique too, meaning you can't load any generic PX6 head unit ROM, meaning if you have issues with the software provided by this company, you're probably stuck with it. For these reasons, I'd be careful with this one, but if someone wants to give it a shot, I'd love to see their opinion!
If it’s Android 10, has Bluetooth 5.0, and has 128GB of ROM, that sounds like newer hardware, but it would be wise to verify what CPU (the Amazon listing says TS10) it has before buying and make sure there’s a good return policy. If it’s Android 10, it won’t be compatible with Sergey’s firmware which makes the Android 9 units so much better.

Sorry wrong thread

Wondering if anyone has some advice. This weekend, I was trying to install one of the Tesla-style units on a 2013 200 series. Installation went well enough but ran into a few issues - the biggest one was none of the cameras worked. Nothing insurmountable but based on my review of these threads, I think I'm missing a few parts.

Here's where I need some help. I removed the screen and reinstalled the OEM parts - everything works well except none of the cameras now work (front, mirrors, and rear). When I shift into reverse or hit the camera button, I get a black screen. All other items function (radio, cigarette lighter, etc). When I went into diagnostics mode, it showed the cameras as "OK," however, when I hit the camera button on the screen in the diagnostics setting, the screen would go black and would not reset until I restarted the LC. I figured maybe I blew a fuse that controls the video processing unit for the cameras but when I visually inspected multiple fuses I couldn't find one that was blown (I actually don't know which fuse I should be looking at - I inspected all the multimedia/radio fuses I could identify.).

Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations? Would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom