FYI - The Tesla roadside safety kit fits perfectly in the tailgate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
See attached pic

IMG_3149.jpeg

My LX570 has a first aid kit next to the jack. Don’t the Land Cruisers have one as well?

Lots of “stop the bleed” stuff and bandages. Seems like a pretty solid kit actually and very good fit too. In my overhead shelf I have pouches attached with snaps with lots of gauze, and I don’t think you can have too much. I saw this video the other day showing a failed recovery send a kinetic strap through a windshield nearly killing the driver. It’s a long video but the short version is he was bleeding out of his neck and was saved by packing it with gauze and applying pressure. Crazy stuff and a good reminder to keep safety top of mind especially in recoveries.

Lots of “stop the bleed” stuff and bandages. Seems like a pretty solid kit actually and very good fit too. In my overhead shelf I have pouches attached with snaps with lots of gauze, and I don’t think you can have too much. I saw this video the other day showing a failed recovery send a kinetic strap through a windshield nearly killing the driver. It’s a long video but the short version is he was bleeding out of his neck and was saved by packing it with gauze and applying pressure. Crazy stuff and a good reminder to keep safety top of mind especially in recoveries.
wow, would have expected a Tesla safety kit to only include a sat phone or 17" tablet... :rofl:

Thanks for posting the video. Long, but some good info on what went wrong with a kinetic rope recovery and what should have been done to prevent the whole event. Though not obvious at the time, he was never in any danger of bleeding out and he explains that in the video. Still, someone could have easily been killed. They were lucky. Good lessons here and a reminder of things we all should know but might fail to do in real life. Worth a watch.

I was genuinely impressed with the kit. A little pricier than the stuff you can find on amazon, but compression bandages etc - better than the typical bandaids you see in most of these. The bag itself is good quality, scissors are decent, safety vest is decent. Hopefully it's never needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom