What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Headed camping for the weekend on a solo trip. So I test fit my bed.

I'm not as baller as yall with fridges and cutting boards and s***. I just need a jet boil, some freeze dried food, some water and a few books.

Also, the title showed up.

20220329_163954.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not as baller as yall with fridges and cutting boards and s***. I just need a jet boil, some freeze dried food, some water and a few books.

I'm with you, the fancy stuff is just a distraction from more fun. All those fancy extras just take up room for shooting and hunting gear.

That being said I wouldn't be caught dead sleeping in the back of my rig without my exped megamat.

Don't forget the 🍺

Last edited:
Headed camping for the weekend on a solo trip. So I test fit my bed.

Also, the title showed up.

View attachment 2966163
nice, your not a baller for fancy s***, but you have a fancy RHD....at least you can hit the drive -thru backwards =)

I'm with you, the fancy stuff is just a distraction from more fun. All those fancy extras just take up room for shooting and hunting gear.

That being said I wouldn't be caught dead sleeping in the back of my rig without my exped megamat.

Don't forget the 🍺

There's a mat under the sleeping bag. I'm 41 with arthritis in my back. It's the same mat I've used in my ranger for years.

No beer. I don't drink.

@Dusten what are those bars on the back side windows for?

I just got my mega Mat and goose gear drawer system same week. Judge all you want but after sleeping on that bumpy Ass uneven floor with a crappy mat for 20 years, I’m pretty sure after a hard day at the office out in the wild once I get it in I will sleep a hell of a lot better than you judgers lol. But you just keep on fooling yourself your happy keeping it simple.
Baby steps, you’ll get it eventually.
In all reality I’m probably just trying to justify that ungodly amount of money just spent on a small pile of painted lumber and insulated padded inflatable rubber.

Don't forget the 🍺
I must be really old school, still sleeping on the ground in my antique Marmot 2 man backpacking tent.

A5F35A5C-2937-410F-8C60-95957B766651.jpeg

I wanted a diesel Land cruiser.

What I paid for this rhd was inline with a 200k mile gasser. And it had 120,000. Sadly I lunches the trans. But it displayed no symptoms prior.
Same rationale here. Mine is gas, but I bought a RHD import with 84k miles largely because I could get it $4-6k less than a US model with twice the miles or more. Alas that gap has shrunk this past year with even the imports hitting $25 - 30k.

I must be really old school, still sleeping on the ground in my antique Marmot 2 man backpacking tent.

View attachment 2966341

For sure better than a roof top tent. If I am staying in a spot for more than 1 night or have more than 1 person I also set up a tent.

pro tip. Bought my exped Megamat on the used gear site at rei.com it was basically new for about $100 off. Well worth the cost anyway you slice it.

Also picked us a generic shreaded memory foam pillow, in a stuff sack on Amazon.

And a gazelle T4 tent. Game changer for tenting, especially since I’m the only one setting a breaking camp for me + two kids. Feel like I should be getting a commission on selling those to my friends at this point.

I’m considering making a manifold that will inflate my mat and kids mats simultaneously with the air compressor…they’d have different cutoff psi and 3D printed adapters for the mats….ahhhh dreams. I still need to train our new puppy to not eat her own Pooo, so priorities….

Solved the reservoir coolant boil over.

Had amazing compression but when turning the motor over by hand I heard air squishing out of the top disconnected radiator hose. This prompted me to hook up my air compressor and do a leak down test. Sure enough cylinder number one squirting straight out.

I had a talk with myself for a minute. BillyGoats your in denial..... Accept the reality:flipoff2: I said to myself no there should never be compression in the cooling system. Wake up.

It's head gasket time. Sure wish I would have ordered that short block a few months ago when I was thinking about it. But oh well, we're going to roll with it. Compression was great when I was testing.

PXL_20220326_205605742.jpg

PXL_20220327_165225216.jpg

PXL_20220330_033226897.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom