Finally! Tailgate Storage! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No actual production information here, but I'm guessing that the recent hikes in materials costs might have something to do with this? The whole thing is basically CNC plasma cut from a single slab of very nice high grade aluminum, and if the price of the raw metal has gone up like everything else has then they probably wouldn't be able to sell it for anything like a reasonable end price. Hopefully they will resume production when metal prices come back down?

Notch? Any input?

Last edited:
In my opinion Back Bay is worth the wait. Mine came raptor lined tan. I was expecting smooth but after almost a year of use the raptor lining is AWESOME!

I prayed for a miracle. Good luck, hope you land one.

If they make another run and I catch it I'll probably grab one for a future wife project.

Screenshot_20220123-193711.png

This is such a bummer for me. I just recently found out that 3 owner's-ago for my LC had this very kit. He never installed it and sent it with the guy he sold it to. I've had no luck finding it and it seems the Huracan is the only other option right now

This is such a bummer for me. I just recently found out that 3 owner's-ago for my LC had this very kit. He never installed it and sent it with the guy he sold it to. I've had no luck finding it and it seems the Huracan is the only other option right now

no........they're not.

If you look back on the post of May 3rd, you'll see they changed the status to discontinued and not one has gone out since. These are no more. I don't know the shop but they obviously have no interest in continuing production. I have reached out to a few places here and local and no-one really seems to want to take it on. I think it's a respect thing and I get it but if the shop clearly doesn't expect to continue these I would think someone would take the design and tweak it a bit and sell a bunch. Seems like easy money to me if you have the right equipment to cut the door. The rest of the parts are all very common. I thought @Delta VS would be a great fit but Dave is too nice of a guy to pirate the design lol...
When someone doesn't pick up the phone , it's kind of hard to get the ok to use the design.

If you look back on the post of May 3rd, you'll see they changed the status to discontinued and not one has gone out since. These are no more. I don't know the shop but they obviously have no interest in continuing production. I have reached out to a few places here and local and no-one really seems to want to take it on. I think it's a respect thing and I get it but if the shop clearly doesn't expect to continue these I would think someone would take the design and tweak it a bit and sell a bunch. Seems like easy money to me if you have the right equipment to cut the door. The rest of the parts are all very common. I thought @Delta VS would be a great fit but Dave is too nice of a guy to pirate the design lol...
When someone doesn't pick up the phone , it's kind of hard to get the ok to use the design.
Actually have some interesting news on this front...shortly.

please put me first in line since I'm a dedicated customer and have harassed you enough you may have finally gave in LOL.
So, just had a good conversation with Back Bay Customs and purchased the files and rights to manufacture the tailgate storage. Will be making a couple small tweaks and keeping them in stock.

So, just had a good conversation with Back Bay Customs and purchased the files and rights to manufacture the tailgate storage. Will be making a couple small tweaks and keeping them in stock.
Yes! Please keep us posted on how to go about getting into the queue to order one of these. Thanks for picking up the ball and running with it.

This is exactly what I had hoped someone would do. So glad I held out this long.

EXCELLENT, this is high on my list of things to do.

:flipoff2::hillbilly::flipoff2::hillbilly::flipoff2::hillbilly::flipoff2::hillbilly::flipoff2:
:hillbilly: I am SO! STOKED ABOUT ^THIS^ :hillbilly:
:hillbilly: @Delta VS delivers!!! :hillbilly:
:hillbilly::flipoff2::hillbilly::flipoff2::hillbilly::flipoff2::hillbilly::flipoff2:

Deep down I always secretly hoped this would happen.

Any Delta magical improvements planned?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom