Is your radiator overflow tank level dynamic? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it possible it's "residual" coolant soaked into the pad from the shop dumping coolant down the outside of the firewall during the heater valve changeout? I doubt that's the case, because that can be done with only a quart of lost coolant.

I'm thinking one of the hoses on the passenger side is leaking after it heats up and it pressurizes.

The OEM radiators come with a new cap. It should be the yellow label top.

How about a couple wider angle pics for us to see more areas? Around the radiator, the heater valve, the coolant hoses?
I will take some pictures in the morning.
The work was completed almost 3 weeks ago. It started leaking last Friday.

I guess the radiator isn't OEM because it did not come with the cap. I'll get a pic of that too.
Thanks again. Radiator says it's made in Japan. It's the same one I replaced.

Screenshot_20210602-173223_Chrome.jpg

I will take some pictures in the morning.
The work was completed almost 3 weeks ago. It started leaking last Friday.

I guess the radiator isn't OEM because it did not come with the cap. I'll get a pic of that too.
Thanks again. Radiator says it's made in Japan. It's the same one I replaced.

View attachment 2858673
If that's part of the link you purchased from, it has the correct part numbers, and about the right price.

T-Rad is the OEM of these radiators and there should be a sticker on the top tank that shows that.

Correct cap:

1638937452003.png

Correct radiator with incorrect cap:

1638938003221.png

Looks like there are two part numbers for two rad caps that fit the 80?

16401-54750 (cheaper)
16401-15210

Does anyone know the difference between these two radiator caps?

Edit: I ordered both, took pictures (happy to post if there's any interest). It looks like the more expensive one has stainless steel construction. The presure ratings are the same. The cheaper one looks to be a plated steel, bluer color.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom