What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work. Did you damage the stock mud guard? A lot of people running 33-34” mold the factory part with heat and a block of wood.
I am someone who has molded the front mudflaps with a heat gun and a block of wood. The problem is that the mudflaps are close enough to the hot engine and hot road, that the natural heat around the flaps eventually reforms them back into their original shape that rubs.

I think this happens to the flaps because they are a very soft plastic.

Got around to installing a 2000 watt inverter. Went with Renology as I have the solar and controller from them.

It fit nicely in the arb right fit kit. I did need to space it off the side so the slide would continue to function.

It's on the manual switch for now, but soon I'll install the controller, and the nice internal outlet with the USB's like Eric has been doing.

INVERTER-01.jpg

INVERTER-02.jpg

INVERTER-03.jpg

I am someone who has molded the front mudflaps with a heat gun and a block of wood. The problem is that the mudflaps are close enough to the hot engine and hot road, that the natural heat around the flaps eventually reforms them back into their original shape that rubs.

I think this happens to the flaps because they are a very soft plastic.

Just FYI you need to screw them down so they don't pop back out.

Like this ...

front-mud-flap.jpg

Nice work. Did you damage the stock mud guard? A lot of people running 33-34” mold the factory part with heat and a block of wood.
Nah they are not damaged but when I put on the 28mm steel plates on the tires I saw on the first meters of driving… yeah more i heard it…. that they rub. Then I was driving the last two days without the mudflaps.
Since a friend has this big plate of plastic laying around (he was making last year his mudflaps for his Hilux with this) I decided to make some from scratch. This is easier to bend with heat and stays in his position after cooled with water but I’ll see around new year if it’s stay in position when we drive to North Africa in higher temperatures.

But on the drivers side I have to do tomorrow some more work since the mounting points on this side are closer to the tire -> the car had ‘16 an bigger accident on the front left so some things are not 100% anymore in position😇

I'm a little surprised myself that I got it right the first time so well that everything fits well

Replaced stock muffler with super turbo muffler and deleted the resonator in preperation for the RSL rear bumper coming end of month.

Do you have a pic?

Where did you route the tail pipe?

After 13 extremely dependable years of service, the family sequoia (not the one in the pictures) was retired. I work for the local Toyota dealer and I noticed this LX had been recently traded in. Ran the VIN through the service history and to my surprise this LX has been local since new and serviced religiously at the local Lexus dealer. After hours, I brought it into the shop to inspect everything on the lift. Absolutely no rust and everything looked great, 106k easy miles.
Ultimately we couldn’t pass on it. Out the door price was $32k
We are extremely happy to have another 200 in the fleet!

0F1F0604-336E-444E-8BD2-7E2F6E7FB516.jpeg

FFD138B5-196D-4355-97B5-400D0D82F37D.jpeg

C1E48839-85E0-4E07-A13A-84E1FF79201A.jpeg

Took advantage of my new found extra time and decided to shampoo the carpets. I imagine the dealer made an attempt before I bought it in '19 but 2 years of dust and Vegas found it's way in. (not sure why the pics make the carpet look purplish) Not too bad for an 11 year old vehicle.
That water was after the first pass. Was still a bit dark on the second rinse.

20210920_105215.jpg

20210920_111115.jpg

20210920_111231.jpg

20210920_120100.jpg

20210920_120117.jpg

a
Took advantage of my new found extra time and decided to shampoo the carpets. I imagine the dealer made an attempt before I bought it in '19 but 2 years of dust and Vegas found it's way in. (not sure why the pics make the carpet look purplish) Not too bad for an 11 year old vehicle.
That water was after the first pass. Was still a bit dark on the second rinse.

View attachment 2791677

View attachment 2791678

View attachment 2791679

View attachment 2791680

View attachment 2791681
looks amazing. What did you use?

Swapped my Fuel Hostage wheels for OEM Tundra wheels to bring the tires in a bit. Went from I believe 25 offset to 60 offset. I like the look but would love to find middle ground around 45. Broke it in on senator’s highway from Phoenix to Prescott on an old mining road.

F500BC29-7020-4F8A-95F8-9871A41D7329.jpeg

29C66745-A010-4946-B5DE-C9A55628932F.jpeg

ARB Base Rack installed. Still working on mounts for the GFC Super Lite, but at least the rack is done. Then we took it out for a quick day trip to see the Kokanee run up the river, and enjoy a campfire dinner.
20210916_130136.jpg

20210916_130233.jpg

20210918_194609.jpg

20210918_192647.jpg

I drained the rear diff just for the heck of it at 13370 miles. The oil was a dark tea color. The magnet had "gook" on it which I assume is metal filings at the near microscopic size. It was uneventful except THE BOLTS WERE ON REALLY TIGHT. I literally hung on the bolts, used all my strength and could not budge them. I was finally able to loosen them after few hammer blows to the bolts. These bolts came this tight from the factory! I'd recommend having a replacement upper bolt handy as my socket bit into the bolt.

I'd like to do the front diff but I'm scared to death of the 10mm allen bolts. I have the replacement Lexus bolts for the 14mm std socket but geez I'll never get them out if they're like the rear diff.

I drained the rear diff just for the heck of it at 13370 miles. The oil was a dark tea color. The magnet had "gook" on it which I assume is metal filings at the near microscopic size. It was uneventful except THE BOLTS WERE ON REALLY TIGHT. I literally hung on the bolts, used all my strength and could not budge them. I was finally able to loosen them after few hammer blows to the bolts. These bolts came this tight from the factory! I'd recommend having a replacement upper bolt handy as my socket bit into the bolt.

I'd like to do the front diff but I'm scared to death of the 10mm allen bolts. I have the replacement Lexus bolts for the 14mm std socket but geez I'll never get them out if they're like the rear diff.
A little pricey but peace of mind. Worked great on the front diff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom