What's your Ironman 4x4 bumper experience? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys, check the gap between the corner of the bumper and the lights and make sure it’s large enough - also check for rubbing marks on the edge of the lights. I initially experienced some squeaking sounds when the frame flexed driving into my driveway and found the bumper was rubbing the lights - I adjusted the bumper and problem resolved.
Mine sounds like metal clanking. I quickly glanced at the lights I don't see any rubbing there. But I do need to adjust the bumper as the gap is too close or trim the tabs w a Dremel.

Metal clanking doesn’t sound assuring :) I take it you’ve checked and tightened the main bolts of the winch tray to chassis and bumper to winch tray? Also you can try stand on and bounce it when the car is off to see if you can isolate where the noise is coming from?
I've stood on it, I weigh about 205 it doesn't appear to move. But I need to do it again with someone under it.

Alright y'all followup to my previous note. Finally got some time to poke around under there. And the noises were two fold. The front skid was loose, and just needed to be snugged up. The other was a little more insidious, and harder to diagnose. With one hand I was pulling down on the hoop to force the sound, and the other feeling around down there for tactile evidence of the noise, which worked. There is a thin piece of metal trim that runs directly below the stock grill, and was making contact with the two vertical supports on the bumper on either side.

I didnt have a ton of time to work on this, but I'll probably either trim or bend the piece as a permanent fix. In the meantime, I've slid a square of dense neoprene foam in between the contact points to prevent the contact.

Buttoned it all back up, and the squeaking and squawking is gone! Very stoked!

IMG_7279.jpg

i didn't find any issues with the left or right skids, the trailing edge of the front/center skid was rattling against the stock skidplate.

i didn't find any issues with the left or right skids, the trailing edge of the front/center skid was rattling against the stock skidplate.
Fixed that by tightening the bolts and adding the dense neoprene? If yes where did you get the neoprene.

EDIT - looks like I am confused. Apparently the fog lights on the "premium" bumper are standard halogen bulbs. I thought these came with LED fogs?

Has anyone wired the LED fog lights included in the "premium" bumper to the original fog light wiring? I'd prefer to keep the stock fog light switch functional, rather than add the included aftermarket switch. I was unable to locate current draw for the LED fogs, although I would assume it will be lower than the stock halogen fog lights.

Last edited:
Has anyone wired the LED fog lights included in the "premium" bumper to the original fog light wiring? I'd prefer to keep the stock fog light switch functional, rather than add the included aftermarket switch. I was unable to locate current draw for the LED fogs, although I would assume it will be lower than the stock halogen fog lights.

I did 👍

Alright y'all followup to my previous note. Finally got some time to poke around under there. And the noises were two fold. The front skid was loose, and just needed to be snugged up. The other was a little more insidious, and harder to diagnose. With one hand I was pulling down on the hoop to force the sound, and the other feeling around down there for tactile evidence of the noise, which worked. There is a thin piece of metal trim that runs directly below the stock grill, and was making contact with the two vertical supports on the bumper on either side.

I didnt have a ton of time to work on this, but I'll probably either trim or bend the piece as a permanent fix. In the meantime, I've slid a square of dense neoprene foam in between the contact points to prevent the contact.

Buttoned it all back up, and the squeaking and squawking is gone! Very stoked!

View attachment 2698988
Are you at all concerned with how close that will be even if you bend things? I think the grill is attached to the body and the bull bar bumper to the frame. There can be a lot of independent movement between those assemblies, especially offroad.

Got the install complete; apparently Ironman has started sending out a different configuration for the running lights. Mine had four wires: white, brown, yellow, and red. After a bit of confusion and a call to Ironman USA, we determined the following:

white: ground
Yellow: bright amber light
Brown: dim white light
Red: bright white light

I tapped the yellow wire into the turn signal, and the brown wire into the marker light.

I did end up wiring the (halogen) fog light to the oem harness and plug.

I went with a warn vr evo 12k winch, and had to trim the bumper skin higher than the template by an inch or so to clear the winch frame. Otherwise the install went well, between the included printed instructions, the instructions published online, and watching the ARB install video previously posted in this thread I was able to figure out the process quickly enough.

27F0C645-FB00-4E76-97F0-DC50017D803D.jpeg

EDIT - looks like I am confused. Apparently the fog lights on the "premium" bumper are standard halogen bulbs. I thought these came with LED fogs?

Yup, premium comes with halogen fogs. The wording was confusing when I got mine also, but the beef of the tube is what you really pay for.

You can get the LED fogs and they have the same end connection as the ones that came with the bumper. So all the wiring stays the same, just unplug the halogens, remove and install the LEDs.

Are you at all concerned with how close that will be even if you bend things? I think the grill is attached to the body and the bull bar bumper to the frame. There can be a lot of independent movement between those assemblies, especially offroad.

Short Answer: Yes.

Slightly longer answer: TBD until I can get back in there and make sure whatever path I take allows for ample flex. When I first got a look at it, the trim that its rubbing against did not appear to be connected to anything substantial, but again, need to get in there and take another look!

FYI 25% off sale going on now.

Anyone taking advantage of the sale?

Any clue which lights would work as upgrades to the halogen ones that shipped with the premium bumper?

Anyone taking advantage of the sale?

Any clue which lights would work as upgrades to the halogen ones that shipped with the premium bumper?

This has possibilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom