BaT BAT/97 40th w/Lockers/39k miles (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Probably the most valuable 80 to come up for public sale in a while.

I think the 97" Black, Locked collector series that sold on here a while back might be the second most valuable.

I think the 97" Black, Locked collector series that sold on here a while back might be the second most valuable.
This is a gorgeous truck. I recall when it was listed. I had my head stuck in 70 series land and did not really consider it. Would not think twice now.....even at a higher price.

I love this truck but I would rather put that money into restoring a good rust free 40th with an LS1 and lift. The other option that would be fantastic for the same money would be a lifted 2020 Heritage Edition. It all depends on what you want, but at the $70 to $80k range it starts to make one think of other options. That nice 39k mile rig looks to need a good undercaraige cleaning and a $$1500+ rear main seal repair.

I love this truck but I would rather put that money into restoring a good rust free 40th with an LS1 and lift. The other option that would be fantastic for the same money would be a lifted 2020 Heritage Edition. It all depends on what you want, but at the $70 to $80k range it starts to make one think of other options. That nice 39k mile rig looks to need a good undercaraige cleaning and a $$1500+ rear main seal repair.

I have personally seen the underside of this truck in person and am certain that it doesn’t have a rear main leak. It’s melted undercoating. Drivetrains on older Porsche’s are coated from the factory and start looking that way after a while as well.

I have personally seen the underside of this truck in person and am certain that it doesn’t have a rear main leak. It’s melted undercoating. Drivetrains on older Porsche’s are coated from the factory and start looking that way after a while as well.
That is good know. It sure looks wet from oil

Dang. I sold a 97 40th anniversary with 27k miles for $22.5k in 2013. Should have waited!! Of course, everyone on mud told me I was crazy for asking more than $16k at the time, but that’s mud for you :flipoff2:
landcruiser very reduced.jpg

Last edited:

Happened to see this one in person last week. It is nice but the gloss black painted bumper is off putting. Kinda like complaining about Cindy Crawford's mole but there it is.

I like the color-matched bumper...but I always liked Cindy's mole, so...

Well, one day left boys. Looks like were starting off at a cool $65k. Lets see where this ends up so all of us with 250k+ mile well-worked sleds, can pretend they just shot up in value.

The guy touting his kia telluride = priceless.

Will we see an 80 sell for 80k???? These last two hours will be interesting!

Within an hour or two... expect to see a "Wanted" thread from a newly-registered Mud account looking for a low mile "40th Collector Edition" FJZ80.

Dang. I sold a 97 40th anniversary with 27k miles for $22.5k in 2013. Should have waited!! Of course, everyone on mud told me I was crazy for asking more than $16k at the time, but that’s mud for you :flipoff2:

People on Mud like to think their 80s are incredibly valuable while simultaneously thinking anything over $7k is overpriced.

$81375 with the buyer's vig.

People on Mud like to think their 80s are incredibly valuable while simultaneously thinking anything over $7k is overpriced.
Actually, now that other platforms like BaT exist, there seems to be more acknowledgment of what things are worth to Mud members (who are well informed about how cheap things CAN be bought for) and what the greater market might pay for it. 8-10 years ago it was pretty ridiculous. People get reamed for their pricing here still, but it seems to happen more if the seller comes in cocky with a “i know what i got” attitude.

$81375 with the buyer's vig.
In case anyone is wondering...my ‘97 with 150k miles drove exactly the same as my ‘97 with 27k miles. I’m honestly stunned that someone would pay this amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom