SOLD 1997 40th Anniversary Edition FZJ80 Triple Locked Antique Sage Pearl 178k miles **price drop** (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(148, 118, 94)
Hate Hate Hate to sell this but I am needing to change back to a truck. Plan was to continue to restore to original quality but will let someone else take her the rest of the way and enjoy her capability. Just needs some cosmetic TLC, side molding etc but mechanically very sound. First owner had some taillight guards installed and drilled into body panel 🤦🏻‍♂️ plan was to restore and cover those up just never got to it yet. Clean Carfax. No frame rust. Triple locked. Lockers, 4WD, AC, heat, everything works! My daily driver so mileage will change until sold. 178.8k miles currently.

New 2.5” Dobinsons lift
Front Runner roof rack
Falken 285/75/16 AT3Ws (about 500 miles on them)
New radiator
Went ahead and had spark plugs recently replaced
More pics to follow

Located in Amarillo TX
24.5K OBO
Or possible trade for 2013+ Toyota Tacoma

Feel free to contact me 806-570-3586
IMG_7846.jpeg

IMG_7853.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes I do haha I just got my 60 a few weeks ago. In the process of registering it in TX
That was me you saw on I-27 earlier this week. Green/silver LX450. Was on my way to the office that morning. Nice looking 60 man. Congrats! I'm going to stop grab lunch at Hummers in a bit if you have the time. My treat. Otherwise, I can swing by or whatever works. I may have to get out and play in the snow tomorrow. ;)

Just shoot me a text if you can make it.

Couple questions about this great cruiser,

I realize miles are low but has the head gasket been done?

Has the front end been gone through?

The front end appears really clean , but the drivers side flare looks to be missing the flare to body molding, has a repaint been done?

Lastly, just a tick of rust coming out under the rear window glass gasket right?

Really a great 80, I’ve been looking for a well cared for 80 with no factory rack or spoiler for quite awhile, the fact that it’s a 40th and locked is a major bonus, I had a non locked 40th clear back in 2001 and regret selling it.
Yes sir head gasket recently replaced, new spark plugs as well! And yes the previous owner said it had been repainted due to clear coat fading. My plan was to replace the molding on the side as well as the flares. And yes it does have that small rust spot on the back window. All minor cosmetic things I had planned to restore. Wanted to put about 4-5k into it and just hold onto and keep mostly OEM since these things are so desirable and can go so high on BAT. But I need a truck haha hate to get rid of this beast.

I just met the owner. Turns out he lives in my neighborhood. Good guy. Solid 80. Just needs just a little bit of TLC, like they all do. If I was in the market, I would definitely give this one a very hard look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom