How To: Belt Moulding Replacement (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did this today...on my drivers side front (outer belt).

Takes about 20 minutes.

Just adding some pics to augment this thread. Instructions by @blkprj80 are spot on.

WB1.JPG

WB2.jpg

WB3.jpg

WB4.jpg

WB5.jpg

Great write up.
But gotta say...OP had another 10 years on the moldings he had.
Mine started black, but have been chrome for the last 2 years. lol

This thread has been super helpful. I got my car without mouldings. Glad to finally put them in. Question for anyone but how necessary are the screws for the front? The screws are long gone. Anyone have the exact part number for these screws? Attaching picture from previous post about the screws I’m talking about.
7CFA1A10-F254-4EBB-9F52-88A148FBEE57.jpeg

Those screws just thread into a plastic insert, so thread pitch isn't super important. IIRC, the screw is maybe 12mm long and maybe 3mm in diameter? I'd try to find something with a flat head like the one pictured so it doesn't snag on things (you) that might bump into it.

I'd guess either a #2 or #4 x 1/2" truss-head sheet metal screw would be a decent fit.

Hard to tell from the illustrations on the parts sites, but the belt assemblies 75710 and 75720 are both the outer trim piece and the inner weatherstrip, correct? I need to replace both but want to be sure I'm not missing parts when I order.

Hard to tell from the illustrations on the parts sites, but the belt assemblies 75710 and 75720 are both the outer trim piece and the inner weatherstrip, correct? I need to replace both but want to be sure I'm not missing parts when I order.

I just ordered new moulding for all six of my windows yesterday. P/N 75710-60021 and 75720-60021 are the exterior moulding pieces for the front windows which mount on the outside of the glass. I believe the inner filler seal for the glass channel is P/N 69971-60020, but I'm not 100% sure.

Sorry, I didn't ask that question clearly enough. Within the outer belt assembly is it the harder, outer trim piece as well as the rubber wiper for the outside of the glass, or is that wiper a different PN? I'm inclined to believe it's included as I can't find the wiper separately. Not talking about the felt wiper for the inside of the glass surface. Looks like Partsouq has the inner filler seal for $12/ea so I may just add them anyway.

Sorry, I didn't ask that question clearly enough. Within the outer belt assembly is it the harder, outer trim piece as well as the rubber wiper for the outside of the glass, or is that wiper a different PN? I'm inclined to believe it's included as I can't find the wiper separately. Not talking about the felt wiper for the inside of the glass surface. Looks like Partsouq has the inner filler seal for $12/ea so I may just add them anyway.

Gotcha, looks like the rubber wiper is attached.

IMG_5208.jpg

Csanders - where did you source the front belt trim? I’ve been looking around on the cruiser websites etc... and have only been able to find the rears.

TIA

Csanders - where did you source the front belt trim? I’ve been looking around on the cruiser websites etc... and have only been able to find the rears.

TIA

Any Toyota dealer.

TIA

Like CDan said, any Toyota parts dealer can ship them to you. I got mine from McGeorge Toyota. From all the places I've looked, they had the lowest prices/shipping costs for here on the east coast.

... This also legit made the inside more quiet when driving on the freeway. Rig feels much better. 5 stars ⭐

Last edited:
I just did mine. Thanks for the photos and instructions. The doors look so much better now and the danger of a potential slit wrist is gone. That old plastic that was left was jagged and sharp.

Now I need to do my inner seals on the opposite side of the glass.

My belt mouldings were in sad shape from sunlight and maybe a hailstorm, and just plain aging.
View attachment 1009442
It is great that Mr T still sells replacements, albeit a little expensive. They are just north of 50 bucks each, but they are available.

I searched and found a few threads with part numbers, and replies about how easy it was, but no instructions with pictures.

I bought the parts and studied them before I tore mine out. The new belt mouldings come with new plastic clips, so I didn’t have to worry about breaking any of them.
View attachment 1009443

I started with the passenger rear to get a step up on the learning curve. I started near the middle, and it looks like I would have had even better luck starting toward the front end of it. The clips have a springy side and a fixed side. I pushed the moulding toward the window glass and pried up to get it off the clip. They all pretty much broke anyway, but it didn’t take as much force to break them this way.

View attachment 1009444

I rolled the window up just a bit to protect the felt trim at the top of the inside door panel. I used a big plastic prybar from a kit I have for pulling dashes and trim off.

View attachment 1009445

When I had the moulding removed, I was left with all the clips still in the door exterior panel slots. I used a knife and the red prybar to release the latch and lift the clip.

View attachment 1009446
I just did mine. Thanks for the photos and instructions. The doors look so much better now and the danger of a potential slit wrist is gone. That old plastic that was left was jagged and sharp.

Now I need to do my inner seals on the opposite side of the glass.

The front door required removing the mirrors and a screw at the aft end of the trim, accessible with the door open. The screw needs a #2 Phillips driver, and the mirror has that batwing trim that sucks, and behind that are 3x 10mm bolt heads.
View attachment 1009458

View attachment 1009459
Once you remove the mirror bolts, the mirror will still not want to pull away easily. There is a foam seal you need to break loose, and at the top front edge of the mirror, there is a little tab you need to push in to allow it to pull away from the door. I didn’t unwire anything, and I was careful with the wires. The mirror needs to be up about 3/4” to get the old moulding out and the new in. It gets a little tricky trying to hold all the pieces, but I was able to do it alone although I did have to set down my beer once.

View attachment 1009460

View attachment 1009461

It was a fairly easy task and I was able to do all four in one evening. I hope this helps someone who is hesitating on replacing these. It's incredibly easy! Do it.

When you reinstall the mirror, go a little easy on it. You are running the bolts into plastic and you don't want to break it.
I’m looking to order these as well.. they look great! You don’t by chance have the 4 older window molding that you removed do you? Are the intact and just faded? Can these be painted and possibly wet sanded first? If so would you sell the old molding? Mine are not installed correctly and are peeling bad to where you can see the chrome under the black. I’m saving for and LS swap which I hope to start right after the new year! LMK please!

I’m looking to order these as well.. they look great! You don’t by chance have the 4 older window molding that you removed do you? Are the intact and just faded? Can these be painted and possibly wet sanded first? If so would you sell the old molding? Mine are not installed correctly and are peeling bad to where you can see the chrome under the black. I’m saving for and LS swap which I hope to start right after the new year! LMK please!
Sorry, no. They would not have been any good.

I just replaced the belt molding with OEM for $242. It took almost 3 months to get all six pieces through Amayana trading. Installation is really easy.
  • Roll the windows down
  • Pull and break the clips (there is a screw on the front doors that needs to be removed)
  • Remove as much of the broken clips as possible and let the rest fall in the door (remove later)
  • Install new belt molding.
  • Roll up windows.

For the rear sliding windows, I put a dab of silicone around each of the clips to prevent water intrusion.

The white clips from the original belt molding are old, brittle, and not worth saving and trying to save them will take significant effort.

Belt Molding
How To: Belt Moulding Replacement
belt molding, RF door 75710-60021 includes the clips
belt molding, LF door 75720-60021 includes the clips
belt molding, RR door 75730-60020 includes the clips
belt molding, LR door 75740-60020 includes the clips
belt molding, RH quarter 75660-60020 includes the clips
belt molding, LH quarter 75670-60020 includes the clips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom