Belt Molding... anyone tried these? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought the same set from the same seller. Haven't installed them yet but everything appears correct. Parts are new and have legit looking Toyota part number stickers on them.

Looks like it is oem toyota, I bought my set from dealer, was about 30 bucks more

The belt molding on my LX450 looks like crap. It's cracked, jagged, and missing little pieces everywhere. The pricing for OEM replacements seems crazy.

Has anyone tried these (or any other cheaper options) and been happy/unhappy with them?

Amazon product ASIN B0CC5M73S5
Try www.partsouq.com They are typically much less for rubber products.

I purchased mine from japan, about the same price, I forget the vendor name (Amayo?), they were all OEM and fit perfectly, came in sealed toyota bags.

I purchased mine from japan, about the same price, I forget the vendor name (Amayo?), they were all OEM and fit perfectly, came in sealed toyota bags.
Amayama is who I believe you are trying for.

I just wanted to follow up on this, since I started the thread... I ended up putting these on my Amazon shared wish list, and someone got them for me for Christmas. They're only the 4 for the doors. They installed easily and look great! They're chrome, so they're not like the original, with the hard plastic/rubber over the top. I'm very happy with them.

Now I have some cheap window runners on order, and see how they do.

Oh I am in for the widow run review this is some need to know info, I have been putting off mine for 3 years lol

Do you have a photo to show the chrome look?
Here's what the old one driver door belt molding looked like. Hideous. The others weren't much better.

before.jpg

And a couple shots of the new ones... Yeah, it's dirty. But better.

20240225_103324.jpg
20240225_103430.jpg

I love ebay, I have had great experiences buying oem parts for my 80 series on ebay.

@devo Honestly, I think it looks great. I put them on, I think, the week between Christmas and New Year, and haven't had to worry about it since. I've kind of admired it with my window down while driving it (odd Ohio winter we're having).... I'm very happy with it, but as you can see from the first pic, my starting point with this LX's belt moldings was pretty bad.

From a distance? I think it looks like it belongs there.

@$53 the non-rubber aspect is a big deal.
The rubber is USDM, serves a purpose, and the reason they needed replacing to begin with.

Data point...for rubber OEM I paid ~$45/ea for 5 windows. (partsouq)
Worth it in hot climes imo. 👍

@$53 the non-rubber aspect is a big deal.
The rubber is USDM, serves a purpose, and the reason they needed replacing to begin with.

Data point...for rubber OEM I paid ~$45/ea for 5 windows. (partsouq)
Worth it in hot climes imo. 👍
Time will tell, for my cares, anyway.
Will my left arm get scalded instead of scratched on a warm sunny day?
Will the lack of rubber let water run inside the door? I hope not.

FWIW I bought new runs from partsouq a while back and they ended up being chrome from Toyota. I thing it was a trim on some overseas model. I always get confused by partsouq's model listings.

Time will tell, for my cares, anyway.
Will my left arm get scalded instead of scratched on a warm sunny day?
Will the lack of rubber let water run inside the door? I hope not.
No, exterior protection is no different with the chrome versions. No worries there. 👍

It's just the sunny day scalding to worry about. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom