City Racer Power Steering Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone installed one of these City Racer Power Steering Pumps ? Impressions?

@Racer65

Any ETA on restock (if you plan to).... :)

Hey Spike, I got one a couple months ago. Waited for a restock then jumped on one. The price is what got me obviously, nice unit, works flawlessly. Only small complaint is the cap seal isn't ideal. Instead of the proper size gasket, which I'm sure is hard to find, this unit uses two thin ones which easily shift around and can come loose when checking fluid...I believe he is working on improving this...It seals perfectly as is with the double gasket. Also, no "Toyota" on the cap, no biggie.

Great company providing much needed products, he's got my business for years to come. Contact Roger via website email for details on re-stock.

Great info, thanks!

Would this pump make my steering feel like a Cadillac? Just rebuilt my pump 2 years ago wish I waited.
😀

Restock is coming in the next couple of weeks. The new ones will have a revised reservoir and cap with a single gasket.
Any chance you will take preorders on a 60 pumps?

I'd take one. figured they were NLA

I purchased an oem pump from another online retailer. It was far more expensive than this.

If I was doing it now, I'd go with this.

Is the pump an OEM Toyota pump or an aftermarket copy?

The Japanese aftermarket stuff that is an oem equivalent, is far better than the stuff down here.

I’d run this without a second thought. I’m already using his Fuji aftermarket carburetor.

I put a Saginaw pump on my 60 and for me this was a huge upgrade from the Toyota unit. Moves my 33s easier, it's cheaper, available everywhere (in the US).

I put a Saginaw pump on my 60 and for me this was a huge upgrade from the Toyota unit. Moves my 33s easier, it's cheaper, available everywhere (in the US).

Yep. a perfectly reasonable and legitimate upgrade. I was just willing to pay a little bit more to have something that looked like the factory pump. I find that the stock one turns my 31's without issue.

The Japanese aftermarket stuff that is an oem equivalent, is far better than the stuff down here.

I’d run this without a second thought. I’m already using his Fuji aftermarket carburetor.

HEART - the city racer fuji carburetor. Getting 15-16 with my '85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom