City racer carb setup? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi dudes,

Is the city racer carb pretty plug and play?
Opened her up and seems identicle, but wondering if anyone who’s bought this has some insight into the measurements and settings being roughly the same as the stock carb? (I also noticed the FCS is a different type than what’s on my rig, but I hear you can still clip it in since it doesn’t need a negative.

Seems like I can throw it on as is and tune it from there?

Dan

Assuming you are talking about the City Racer Fuji carb, it should be very straight forward for a desmogged 60. The earlier carbs used on 40s are taller and have a few differences. It's takes a little more effort for a 40.

I have one on my 40 for several years now and it has worked great.

How’s the carb tuning going?
On attempt number 3 with the trimils....

Haven't gotten to that stage yet. It should just be standard lean drop method tuning.

I'll let you know this weekend. I SHOULD be at that stage then. I can tell you right now it ran better with the new carb even with a massive intake leak....:grinpimp:The amazon carb i had was absolute garbage. :rofl:

@schuy2147 See this for an update. Leakin throough throttle springs. (did a smoke test) creating gaping vacuum leak is my first diagnosis. Curious if yours has the same issue. would be helpful to know. I also had leaks in the two main gaskets.
All screws need to be tightened out of the box to give this thing a chance.

unable to tune as the mixture screw does nothing due to leak.
Could be more leaks, but this seems to be it.

thread: Advice on whether I should buy a Land Cruiser - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/advice-on-whether-i-should-buy-a-land-cruiser.1227794/page-19#post-15393589
Dann

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom