fj60 rebuild carb vs city racer new non oem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so im swapping out my motor and desmogging the replacement. should i have mark in socal rebuild my stock carb or order the racer city non oem new carb? distributor will be stock unless its required to send in to mark for the desmog.
im a noob here as its my first fj60

I vote for Mark's rebuild, he'll tweak it, for max potential
@65swb45

I've had two City Racer's on my truck in 85,000 miles. Both experienced float failures and poor accelerator pump seals that caused massive leaks, that then turned to stumbles. They both became junk parts carbs.

Find an OEM core and send it to @mattressking

I'm running one of his now and it works great.

Anyone know where I can find a spare dizzzy for an 85 fj60?

Curious best places to look besides mud.
Would vendors or junk vendors be the way to go usually, and how can you tell if the dizzy is still functional.
Thanks,
Dan

JimC, Mark, or @matressking and I think you will be happy.

Mark rebuilt my 60s carb and it runs great. I’m sending him my other 2F carb and my 3F as well once I get my rebuild kit from overseas.

JimC, Mark, or @matressking and I think you will be happy.

Mark rebuilt my 60s carb and it runs great. I’m sending him my other 2F carb and my 3F as well once I get my rebuild kit from overseas.
Why did you buy a kit form overseas mght I ask?

Would vendors or junk vendors be the way to go usually, and how can you tell if the dizzy is still functional.
Thanks,
Dan

Post up in the Classifieds section of MUD.

Rebuild the original carb. There ain't no better carb for a stock 2F than the OEM unit. And I am NOT one of the "gotta be OEM" fanatics either.

Mark...

Thanks,
Dan
Not sure if this is an option for you, but I ordered and ran this set-up while my distributor was being rebuilt by Jim C. (about two months) Then after getting my distributor back I posted the hei distributor in the MUD classifieds and sold it for 70 dollars less then I paid. Ran great and my 60 was not down while I waited. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom