Barn Find (in a Garage) 1983 SR5 4X4 long bed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d go to bed liner as a last resort. Take off the aluminum and see what, if anything is lurking beneath. Bed liner is not something to enter into lightly on a truck that has as much potential as that one does. It’s like finding a Frank Lloyd Wright house in mint shape and spraying popcorn texture on the ceilings. See what you have first.

Congrats on the find though!

I do agree with Josey, it it’s in great shape just leave it the way it is!

?

Ya! Don't be that guy. No drive by's. No teasing. What is the status? We need another Gen1 project in the club.

Ya! Don't be that guy. No drive by's. No teasing. What is the status? We need another Gen1 project in the club.
Still negotiating. She's so busy cleaning out the house. I offered $1k for it and she came back with $2k. Told her $1500 and still waiting on response.

I did go do a deeper dive into it. 141,000 miles on it. Well driven. I brought a Yota enthusiast and mechanic with me to look at it. He pulled off the shield under the pulleys and was able to spin the crank OK. Oil is OK, a little dirty. Still has fluid in radiator. Interior is very nice; no mice, smells fine etc. He thinks it's a great truck!
I'll def. post when it's a done deal.

2019-05-18 11.11.47 (1).jpg

Obvious observations: Battery. Radiator.

Not so obvious. Bubba wiring. Air chuck on passenger side. Does it have OBA?

That would be a nice acquisition.

Obvious observations: Battery. Radiator.

Battery? Pfffft. It’ll come up fine with some baking soda and water! :flipoff2:

If you don’t want it for $2k I’ll take it and pay you a few hundred for your troubles!?!?

What is OBA?

Yay!! Congrats!

OBA stands for "On Board Air" which means that there is an air compressor somewhere on the truck that you can use to pump tires up or engage lockers etc

Wow, you seriously are extremely lucky bud! Good job on that find, that is winning the Toyota lottery. Can't wait to see the interior and some good pictures!There's not alot of clean ones left, I would keep her all original because that kind of value is priceless. Excited for you!!!!

Looks like a compressor just to the right of the brake booster. It’s probably
For the front and rear ARBs. Some guys get all the luck.

Looks like a compressor just to the right of the brake booster. It’s probably
For the front and rear ARBs. Some guys get all the luck.

Man...that would be the most insane find in the world if that truck had F&R ARB's.

I would never bed line that unless it had rust holes you could throw a cat through. I would wash get it running and drive it first. It looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom