Largest Odyssey Battery? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know the biggest Odyssey battery that will fit the 470? I’m willing to put in an aftermarket battery box if needed.

Odyssey site recommends the 27F, or 34R-PC1500T (with adapter), but I’m wondering if I can cram in something bigger, with a higher AH rating.

Anybody running a bigger Odyssey in theirs?

Additionally, any Black Friday or other deals anyone knows about on batteries? I need to pick one up ASAP.

31M is the biggest you can fit but prob need to extend your cables.
Thanks - just ran across @123ROBERTELEE build thread where he dropped a 31M in. Had to remove the battery tray and used a tundra hold-down. Says he didn’t have to mod anything else, so stock cables may still work. Looks like a trip to the yota yard for some tundra parts is in order.

Anyone know the biggest Odyssey battery that will fit the 470? I’m willing to put in an aftermarket battery box if needed.

Odyssey site recommends the 27F, or 34R-PC1500T (with adapter), but I’m wondering if I can cram in something bigger, with a higher AH rating.

Anybody running a bigger Odyssey in theirs?

I just installed an Odyssey 34R-PC1500T in my GX. I wondering why you want a bigger battery instead of going with a dual battery setup?

Thanks - just ran across @123ROBERTELEE build thread where he dropped a 31M in. Had to remove the battery tray and used a tundra hold-down. Says he didn’t have to mod anything else, so stock cables may still work. Looks like a trip to the yota yard for some tundra parts is in order.

Let us know if your stock wires work. I read about the cables being too short on the 4runner forum, so maybe we are good since we are slightly narrower + same length.

I just installed an Odyssey 34R-PC1500T in my GX. I wondering why you want a bigger battery instead of going with a dual battery setup?
Looking for single-batt solution for the mid-term that can pull some duty until I really need to go dual. I only have a single in my 4runner and have done a full-length recovery without smoking the battery on a 10k winch. Also, given the extra capacity, I’ll be less paranoid about running the batt down on long camping trips.

Let us know if your stock wires work. I read about the cables being too short on the 4runner forum, so maybe we are good since we are slightly narrower + same length.
I posted for clarification on his build thread. I’ll update here if I get a response. Your suggestion that it won’t fit with stock cables has me worried now.

4wdparts has a code that works with Odyssey batteries available for the next few hours. Plus they pay the sales tax and the battery might be in stock around you. It also gives you a location to use in the event you need to perform a warranty claim.

10% off with code 4wd250sale

Here is the link for 34R battery installs on mine and another members.
Odyssey battery 34R-PC1500T

IMG_9869.JPG

Bringing this back up. I just bought a 2021 GX460. It seems there are several different Group 31 configurations from Odyssey. Does anyone know which odyssey group 31 is the correct one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom