Installing AHC from Lexus 570 onto a 2018 200?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a 2018 200 series, and really covet the AHC available in the Lexus (hated the Lexus front end). Has anyone installed the AHC or even inquired about it) from Lexus? I'm wondering if it's even possible. I'm normally an excellent Googler, but not much pops up on this subject.

Easier to return the TLC, buy an LX 570, and replace with the TLC front end. That will be a few $k dollars.

I solved the problem by buying an older LX.

Off the top of my head you’ll need:
AHC pump module ($$$$)
AHC valve module ($$$$)
AHC front and rear dampers (surprisingly cheap)
AHC springs all around
AHC sway bars
AHC hydraulic lines
AHC accumulators
AHC control module
Height sensors and wiring all around.. and maybe upper control arms with the brackets?
Harness for the pump and valve modules. (This likely requires a full body harness.. while I haven’t compared them side to side I’d bet the fuse block circuitry is quite different between the two)
Possible LX MFI retrofit....

And this just covers the parts. There is no guarantee (I’d actually consider it unlikely) the AHC control module can be made to play nicely with the rest of the systems on the landcruiser vehicle canbus.

Installing the lines might require lifting the body off the frame too.

Basically.. what others said. Not worth it. Far easier to get a LX and install the cruiser front end.

Just bought a 2018 200 series, and really covet the AHC available in the Lexus (hated the Lexus front end).

AHA! A kindred soul, finally. :D

I have an older LX470, and frankly do not miss it much to the TLC. Its servicing in the long term scared me off. Well, I was more scared just to look at that damn front end. And I hated the haptic controller. And the Entune subscription fees after 10 years.

Why do you want the AHC? Why not look at an airbag kit?

To the OP. The integration of the AHC system is incredibly extensive. I would tackle a driveline swap before I'd consider tackling this. ckkone's suggestion is a great one and would be way more viable as a workable path. The dollar amounts to procure AHC specific parts would be daunting, and the risk of failure high.

Why do you want the AHC? Why not look at an airbag kit?

Sorry vcheng. But I find your last sentence very amusing. Leveling is a small fraction of what AHC provides and is not even in the same ball park of what the overall capability offers.

Sorry vcheng. But I find your last sentence very amusing. Leveling is a small fraction of what AHC provides and is not even in the same ball park of what the overall capability offers.

Which is exactly why I asked the OP why he/she wanted AHC to begin with? If it is just to counter sag while heavily loaded, then my suggestion is probably apt.

Raising/lowering? Sure, but with a reduced towing capacity. Springs do not overheat unlike AHC fluid in extreme use.

There are pros and cons to both systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom