2018 200 Series with 70k miles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for the help!

image_3.jpeg

image_0.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

Last edited:
Very true - still working out price with the owner - but wondering what your thoughts are on the condition of the undercarriage?
I hate to say it but "it depends"

I have bought a cruiser on this site from Denver. I will NEVER again buy a rusty cruiser. That cancer is horrible.

I have lived in NE, CA, mid west. The one you posted isn't bad at all, compared to what I have seen.

If the deal is good, and you can fix the little bit of rust, that is fine.

To me LC are plentifiul, and unless I am getting a good deal, (even then)I won't buy a rusty cruiser. I have had 17 LC so far. 16 dry, 1 rusty. I learned my lessons.

We are not talking about a LaFerrari here, where its rare etc...

Maybe i am not seeing what the others are seeing......but it looks fine! The lift has more rust than the LC! :D

It looks pretty decent to me. I’d definitely say I’ve seen much worse. I’ll second that for the right price it could be a good buy!

Not very great pics, but looks totally normal from what I can see. Just some light "mountain west" surface rust in a few spots. This would be a buy in my book.

You live in SLC. Based on what I saw the last couple of years, the whole area now uses salt in the winter. You could buy a brand new LC and it would look like this in a couple of years. I would get an annual fluid film treatment and you will be fine.

You live in SLC. Based on what I saw the last couple of years, the whole area now uses salt in the winter. You could buy a brand new LC and it would look like this in a couple of years. I would get an annual fluid film treatment and you will be fine.
I agree! The more eyes the better!

I hate to say it but "it depends"

I have bought a cruiser on this site from Denver. I will NEVER again buy a rusty cruiser. That cancer is horrible.

I have lived in NE, CA, mid west. The one you posted isn't bad at all, compared to what I have seen.

If the deal is good, and you can fix the little bit of rust, that is fine.

To me LC are plentifiul, and unless I am getting a good deal, (even then)I won't buy a rusty cruiser. I have had 17 LC so far. 16 dry, 1 rusty. I learned my lessons.

We are not talking about a LaFerrari here, where its rare etc...
Seller is holding firm at $63.5k - willing to keep it off the market for a few days while I ponder. I feel like it's just an "OK" fair market price, nothing crazy great though.

Seller is holding firm at $63.5k - willing to keep it off the market for a few days while I ponder. I feel like it's just an "OK" fair market price, nothing crazy great though.
Interesting. According to KBB, my 2019 LC with 54k miles is worth around that in trade in. And my LC does not even have a speck of rust on anything.

That price is high for sure

I think the rust is not a decision point. It’s there, but manageable with some care. Make your decision based on other things. It’s amazing it has depreciated only 25% in 5/70!

Luxury car used car prices have been dropping like a rock:

That does not look bad to me. And I can’t comment on price as I have not been in a buyer in quite a while (thx Toyota)…. But having just gone through a good bit of frame cleanup, I would suggest dropping the engine skid, front skid, KDSS valve cover and spare tire to have a look at various items concealed by plastic panels. It’s worth noting how difficult the hardware is to remove and if any of the frame nuts for these panels are gummed up… also check tops of cross members, inside frame components where you can see/ reach. One of the areas I was surprised by was the radiator cross member. Can be good and rusty but wouldn’t know it if you kept the panels on…

If you buy it, I would have the mechanic hit the rust with Ospho (converts rust), paint it (makes it pretty), and then fluid film (prevents the salt from starting process again)- you’ll be good for a long time…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom