Tire hitting drag link at full lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So im going from my 31's to 33's and i noticed under full wheel lock to the left im contacting my drag link. This is only going to be worse once i go to a 10.50" wide tire. Anyone else have to address this issue?

you could adjust the stops on the knuckles
you could get different rims with less backspacing

you could adjust the stops on the knuckles

That is the ticket Varty, I run 33x12.5 on my 40 and had to adjust the stops to keep it from rubbing.

Yes i knew there was a way to adjust the stops guess i was having a brain fart lol.

Still need to buy 2 more KM2. Locally they are drying up. I was gonna get them from costco but costco doesnt carry km2 anymore prob caise the km3 are coming soon. Ill see what i can do...

Everything you modify seems to come at a cost. Adjusting the stops increases the turning radius. One of the things I love about Toyota is the small turning radius with the exception of the FJ Cruiser which is just barely better than the Sequoia. Figure that was because the target market was younger with less driving experience, more likely to rollover with shape turning radius. Bought a 87 Pathfinder when they first came out because had to have a automatic for the better half. Turned like a long wheel base GM truck.
Obviously a 60 series front axle would keep you from adjusting stops but would give you a wider track. Again loose something to gain something. The H55F you gain low end off road over a H42 and lower RPMs on highway. Less friendly street gearing than the H42 but at least it's two for one. H41 just lower RPMs with no gain off road but also no change on street driving.

Yes fully agree with it coming at a cost! Im not big on tight turning radius anyways lol. I have a CCLB duramax on 37's that baby needs half a football feild to hack a nut lol

Adjusting the length of the relay rods can alter when or where it rubs. I was able to adjust the rods so 33x12.50s only rubbed with the combination of suspension flex and end range.

I run 10.50 33’s on stock steelies and had that issue, added some 1/4” spacers and problem solved.

Yes i knew there was a way to adjust the stops guess i was having a brain fart lol.

Still need to buy 2 more KM2. Locally they are drying up. I was gonna get them from costco but costco doesnt carry km2 anymore prob caise the km3 are coming soon. Ill see what i can do...
Check with the Toyota dealerships. They usually have reasonable prices... I think I paid around the same price as Costco quoted me and had a lot less hassle getting them mounted on the 5.5 rim.

We were able to get some of the KM1 from Amazon when they started to dry up.

Woooo Whoooo found a pair of KM2's now i have 5 so hopfully the end of next week ill be rollin on 33's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom