Drag Link Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, bought this 40 series a few months ago and am in need of new drag link ends. Stock ends didn't fit, too small in diameter. Someone from an earlier post of mine stated this looks like a mini truck steering set up. What ends should I purchase to replace what I have on her? Thank you guys!

D4C812F3-79E1-4057-898E-CCEB35CFFD62.jpeg

E0F0836A-069C-4847-92BF-9B15B28AAD51.jpeg

what is too small in diameter? the taper or the threads?

that looks like an Aqaulu arm, not custom made.

maybe 60 series stuff?

is that a saginaw steering box? no saying what that end would take

what is too small in diameter? the taper or the threads?

that looks like an Aqaulu arm, not custom made.

maybe 60 series stuff?

is that a saginaw steering box? no saying what that end would take
Both threads and taper too small for my set up. Also is a Saginaw box.

I have not seen a welded hi-steer arm in forever. The PO may have reamed out for FJ80 TREs. Hi-steer arms are so cheap now I would just replace that, and then you know the TREs will fit.
My biggest concern with the high steering arm kit is compatibility with the knuckle conversion PO did. Would my best bet be to measure inner diameter of knuckle taper as well as the drag link?

Looks like mini truck ends, could be 80 stuff but educated guess says mini truck, check partsmike site, they are close to you and should have them, decent prices too.

2* more on the shims for better caster looking at the pics.

Looks like mini truck ends, could be 80 stuff but educated guess says mini truck, check partsmike site, they are close to you and should have them, decent prices too.
Sounds good. Just bought mini truck and 80 ends. Will give her a shot after some coffee. Thank you!

Those look like FJ60 Tie Rod Ends. Mini truck mounts a stabilizer to the end, 60 mounts the drag link. The offset of the hole and direction up/down is a giveaway.

First photo is mini, second fj60

IMG_6209.jpeg
IMG_6210.jpeg

I also don’t think they are fj60 because the threads are too small. 80 series is significantly bigger than 60 or mini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom