8x Series V8 Swaps (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So Im wiring the 4l60e. I got the big round harness made. Now as far as the neutral safety switch, do I need to wire any of this? I am using the dakota digital shift switch thing to light up the dash shifting indicator lights and it has a provision for a reverse light hook up on it as well. So what do I need the gm nss for or do I need it at all?

So Im wiring the 4l60e. I got the big round harness made. Now as far as the neutral safety switch, do I need to wire any of this? I am using the dakota digital shift switch thing to light up the dash shifting indicator lights and it has a provision for a reverse light hook up on it as well. So what do I need the gm nss for or do I need it at all?

I have always used the Park\Neutral switch function to prevent starting the vehicle in gear..

I just bought pigtails and a bunch of generic wire off eBay and added wire. Here is the main trans harness I made. It's split into 2 groups right after the pigtail, one for the group that goes to red and the other goes to blue ecm plug.
20180614_181802-1008x756.jpg

Well thought I would check. I may not wire that up anyway. Its always something that can be added. I will wire up the 4 pin for sure. I need to find where the PO who did the initial swap left the remnants of the reverse lights wire.
Without doing a little digging in my notebook and/or EWD to give you exact colors, I tied 1 wire from the bundle of 4 that comes up from the NSS/gear indicator box to a factory wire behind the glovebox. In doing so it made my reverse lights come on properly, and the dash indicator illuminate.

In my case the correct wire from the trans for the reverse lights was slightly heavier gauge than the others.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom