Sunroof Leak 1994 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
I've been looking for a fix for my sunroof leak but, haven't been able to find one. I have 1994 Land Cruiser
Currently the roof leaks, Very Badly, a quick fix would be to clear the drains and apply some sealant in some areas. But i cannot open the sunroof at all. Anything is helpful. Also I am also trying to avoid taking the headliner due to it being a hassle for the 80 Series.
Is there a way to manually open it?

Here you go..
Screenshot_20180603-132042_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

you could also remove the screws that attach the glass to the lift arms and remove the glass that way you can get access to the front drains which are the ones that usually clog first

What is the "special crank-shaped screwdriver"? Is it really "special"?

The sunroof can leak a number of ways. You have to go through each and every one until you get it resolved:

1) Front drains clear
2) Rear Drains Clear
3) Front drain hoses attached to sunroof tabs
4) Rear drain hoses attached to sunroof tabs
5) Front hoses not kinked
6) Rear hoses not kinked
7) Front hoses inserted into the rocker panel for draining correctly
8) Rear hoses exiting the rear fender well in the correct manner
9) Replace the warped front tabs where the hoses attach.
10) Adjust the glass so it stops at the correct location in relation to the roof.
11) The seal around the glass. This is non-replaceable unless you buy the new $400 glass.
12) You can use the bicycle inner-tube seal adjustment method (slit a 26" bike tire tube. Search it here.)
13) Decide what type and color of polyurethane you want to use to caulk it shut.
14) Remove the entire sunroof assembly, weld a cover patch over the hole and repaint the roof.

my 94 leaked bad at the rear.
rear hoses kinked bad looks like a PO installed aftermarket sound system pulled interior panels moved s*** around and kinked the hoses.
i don't use it and never will so i unplugged it and sealed it with black silicon

Do the drain hoses in the front actually go into the hole for the rocker panel that's down in there? My driver's side has wet carpet and I found the hose kinked once before and thought I fixed it before winter but I guess not. The hose doesn't appear to be kinked but it is tight in there with all the electrical connectors. I can try to take pictures of the hole I'm referring to if it helps.

Do the drain hoses in the front actually go into the hole for the rocker panel that's down in there? My driver's side has wet carpet and I found the hose kinked once before and thought I fixed it before winter but I guess not. The hose doesn't appear to be kinked but it is tight in there with all the electrical connectors. I can try to take pictures of the hole I'm referring to if it helps.

You also have to be aware that wet carpet in the front can ALSO be other things:
1) Leaking windshield (driver's side)
2) Rear Heater leaking (Passenger side)
3) Front heater leaking (Passenger Side)
4) A/C backed up and not draining (Passenger side)

Rear drains on the sunroof leaking manifest themselves in rear seatbelts being wet and rear carpet wet.

It literally is only wet on the bottom carpet. not the trans tunnel side. And not up where the gas an break pedals are. It is only the driver's side. I've looked at this area alot trying to figure out what it is and the sun roof drain line and what appears to be a rear window washer line are the only things in the area. it's definitely water, not windshield washer fluid.

I have no signs of water coming from my dash. I put paper on my carpet once before to check for leaks and didn't see drips

I have no signs of water coming from my dash. I put paper on my carpet once before to check for leaks and didn't see drips
I didn't have any either. Would come down on the driver's side kick panel, sometimes a drip would hit my foot too. When I removed the kick panel, found lots of droplets after rain. I think water gets pushed under the seal and to behind the trim and migrates

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom