Sunroof Leak 1994 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It literally is only wet on the bottom carpet. not the trans tunnel side. And not up where the gas an break pedals are. It is only the driver's side. I've looked at this area alot trying to figure out what it is and the sun roof drain line and what appears to be a rear window washer line are the only things in the area. it's definitely water, not windshield washer fluid.
I raised my carpet in front passenger side and removed the drain plug in the floorboard. Since then I've replaced my windshield and gasket. I'm dry now.

Could also be the cowl drain holes are clogged. I chased all these leaks a while back, it ended up being a combination of things but mostly the windshield gasket.

:meh:

LFomAeR.jpg

One of my rigs POs decided some silicone sealant around the windshield was a good idea. That and sorta leaky seals around the rear sliding windows, and now I get the occasional wet dog smell after a hard rain or car wash but no wet carpet or seats or obvious drips. Seems it's a priveledge of ownership.

Alright so I was messing around with the sunroof today and my driver's side front drain tube has noticable kinks in it from the cluster of connectors that's in that body cavity. I was pouring water into the sunroof pan with it open. On my driver's side it just barley trickles out and on the passenger side it pours out as fast as I put the water to it.

On the driver's side I think I was overwhelming the pan with water because the water started running down the molding on the inside of the door down onto my carpet. That or my tube is just so kinked that its blocking the flow.

So is there a way to unkink the tube? If I pull the tube out idk if I will be able to get it back in since the first hole above the headliner it goes through it has wires next to it and it's a very tight fit? I've tried manipulating the hose to get the kinks out with it in the cavity with no real sucsess. And yes my rocker panel drains are clear.

I am suddenly joining this search, damnit. Wet drivers side floor, pooling in the low spot near the kick panel.

Replaced windshield and gasket with Toyota OEM gasket; watched the installers apply sealant correctly as stated in FSM (and here.) Still got wet.

Ran decently stiff weed eater cord thru both sides of sunroof drains. Still got wet. (Also replaced those two silly foam corner seals near the sunroof tracks over the summer.) Still wet.

Rocker panels are unplugged. And it's water, not coolant. So, the search continues, unless anyone has another thing to track down.

Alright so I was messing around with the sunroof today and my driver's side front drain tube has noticable kinks in it from the cluster of connectors that's in that body cavity. I was pouring water into the sunroof pan with it open. On my driver's side it just barley trickles out and on the passenger side it pours out as fast as I put the water to it.

On the driver's side I think I was overwhelming the pan with water because the water started running down the molding on the inside of the door down onto my carpet. That or my tube is just so kinked that its blocking the flow.

So is there a way to unkink the tube? If I pull the tube out idk if I will be able to get it back in since the first hole above the headliner it goes through it has wires next to it and it's a very tight fit? I've tried manipulating the hose to get the kinks out with it in the cavity with no real sucsess. And yes my rocker panel drains are clear.

Right there with you. Trying to track down leaks as well as my drivers side was soaked...

I've confirmed all four drain tubes are connected to the sunroof.
I've visualized the two front tubes and pulled the PS out of the square window. DS had way too many wires to get at it.
I am considering the mod of re-routing the front tubes into the rubber grommet in the floor.
I have no idea where the front tubes drain from - don't see any slits.

Questions
Tomorrow I will visualized where rear tubes enter the body. What's the best way to fix the kink as they enter? Has anyone replaced the tubes completely and if so, with what material/dimensions?

Does anyone actually have pictures of the bicycle inner tube thing for the sunroof? Not understanding it.

Also plan to do the firetruck mod on windshield since that could be it. But first I want to do the soapy water/compressed air trick to check.

Lastly, no leaks there (yet) but I want to get the sliding window actually working again. They seem super stuck, any thoughts from anyone on that? Should I remove them somehow to clean?

This is part of my baseline/getting to know the truck and if all goes well, I will treat it to all new weather stripping for all windows next year. But it's gotta stay dry until then.

reviving an old thread, I couldn't find it, on the few I checked, but there's talks about a rattling sunroof, which I now have, alongside a rear leak (could be rear drain) leaks by seatbelt of driver.

Whats the fix for a rattling sunroof and is the sunroof rattle a possible indicator for a bad sunroof seal and thus the leak?

For me, the rattling sunroof was simply the plastic trim surround. It had cracked and and broken from sun and age. After removal, all good. Also check the top of the sliding shade for bits sitting there, waiting to rattle and bounce around.
reviving an old thread, I couldn't find it, on the few I checked, but there's talks about a rattling sunroof, which I now have, alongside a rear leak (could be rear drain) leaks by seatbelt of driver.

Whats the fix for a rattling sunroof and is the sunroof rattle a possible indicator for a bad sunroof seal and thus the leak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom