Identify soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
Threads
I dug out this new old stock fj40 soft top and doors today. Appears to have a twin skylight roof panel above front seats. I think it's a new Kayline top. Has anyone ever seen one like it?

It's a bit dirty, but it's brand new

20180321_140517.jpg

20180321_140525.jpg

20180321_140519.jpg

Looks like a Kayline.

How much do you want for it? :)

Not sure yet. Open to reasonable offers. The last used one I sold in good condition brought 400.00 with no doors. If interested shoot me an offer.

20180321_143625.jpg

20180321_143632.jpg

Gabe,

Kayline usually have a stamp in the lower corners of the windows? Pretty groovy with the sunroof! Never seen that!

It is a fj40 top, right? The top looks right with the 2 panel roof. I am not familiar with Kayline tops. I have only owned one other for enough time to ship it out to a mud member. The front doors are throwing me off. Ok, I just looked at another front door Kayline photo. It's fj40

I have a old Kayline top on a FJ25. It uses the door hinge. The side windows were made so where the bow ran at a angle it was vinyl not clear window material. Seen the snaps along the front of doors on a early FJ40 FST. Didn't fit right and was probably off a CJ5 or earlier . It may have been a old Best top. How long has it been since anyone made a soft top door with snaps along the front?

Sometime prior to 1987when I got it my V840 had doors like that mounted to it. It has the holes for the snaps and a hole in the top of the door jamb to capture the door pivot. They also drilled holes in the rear side of the windshield frame for door bars and cut the outer top corners off the edge of the windshield frame for some reason...
HTH,
Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom