FJ60/62 BMW seat brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have information on wiring up BMW powered seats? Don't want to hit the wrong wire and set off any built in airbags.

A new production run of brackets has started. We lagged behind because we designed pre 1985 brackets.
@torfab, first of all, thank you for your awesome work and for your contributions to this community.

Regarding the seat brackets, is it safe for me to go ahead and purchase a set of seats (I have a deal in place) in anticipation of the brackets being available in the next 2-3 months?

Thanks in advance!

I have a set of brackets for the 85 and later that I won't be using. Anyone interested?

BMW fr.jpg
X2 What Mig said. Current Seattle CL examples, $50 and up....

Any idea on what these were from? Year/model

@torfab
i have power seats out of a 07 E92 3-series sedan, and the connector is a big yellow type that some folks have posted pics of except no red/brown wires. there are 2 sets of heavier gauge (~12AWG) wires on a bigger connector in that yellow connector, IIRC the yellow connector has a series of 3-4 connectors. so the 12 AWG wires are reddish/orangish with stripes and 2 browns. i was thinking of testing by sending 12V to these 4 wires but the seats have airbags, i would hate to set them off.

Confirmed. Those heavier gauge ~12AWG wires, red (+) 2 browns (-) are the ones to send power to. The BMW seat upgrade is awsome, compared to those silly stock seats with no support. The brackets can also be used to mount flashlights and tools.

For whatever reason the vehicle side of the harness/connector I bought off ebay didn't have both power connectors + and - side, so I had to buy another extra connector to remove the terminals from. The wide terminals numbered 4, 8, 9, 13 are the red (+) and brown (-) to power, the rest of the wires are easy enough to be removed from the harness.

I have 1 extra frame/vehicle side harness/connector I can mail to anyone who has just the seats. It is missing 3 out of 4 connectors required, but they are easy to buy from BMW parts suppliers, its the ~3mm wide terminal you will need.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom