Jeep Gas Caddy & Slee rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It actually says Slee offroad in their list of compatible aftermarket swing outs

Yeah, I saw that but I'm hoping somebody has tried it and has a photo. I'm curious how much further it puts the tire out.

Innovative idea. I like being able to siphon from the carry position. Looks like a fair amount more weight on the tire carrier, cantilevered farther out.

Last edited:
Well, that is news to me. I have never seen one in real life or even tried it. Or had any feedback from a customer about it, but maybe they have
Christo, could the tire swing out handle an extra 12*7=84lbs of weight? I currently have a 34" Toyo (285/75/17) spare hanging off it.

Well, that is news to me. I have never seen one in real life or even tried it. Or had any feedback from a customer about it, but maybe they have
Thats awesome gotta love when companies advertise things with no contact from the manufacturer. Im interested what they will say if someone callls and asks i just was looking at their websit ethe op linked

We have one of the tanks here now and checking compatibility. Titan said if they list it, they were probably informed by a customer that it fit with some modifications. We will see if we can even bolt it on, then we would have to investigate the addition weight and leverage that puts on the swingout.

Christo,
Were you able to determine if this was feasible and if you felt comfortable with that extra weight on the carrier? That's a LOT of weight!

Bump

The world may never know......

I looked at images I could find online and can't really tell much. Since I could probably modify either the mounting hardware or the tire swing, I'm more worried about whether or not the added weight is asking too much of the tire swing. After watching long lines during the last hurricane evacuation, I'm more determined to increase my range. @ 14mpg, currently I have a range of ~350 miles. That Trailer Trekker II would increase that range by 168 miles. Would also be nice for long trips, being able to fill up the fuel caddy when you find cheap gas.

What about Slee's 3 can carrier for the drivers side swing out ? I have that and it's a excellent product .. leave the cans in the basket and swing out and shaker siphon to the tank...

Last edited:
What about Slee's 3 can carrier for the drivers side swing out ? I have that and it's a excellent product ..

X2. I have the 3 can carrier and a multitude of scepter cans.
Is the trail trekker a cheaper alternative to Slee's can basket?

There was a guy in our group a couple of weekends ago on Stony Pass that had the Titan gas container on his Jeep. One thing I noticed as we were gaining altitude was that it did not compensate very well for the changes in altitude. At several stops we made, gas was spurting out the vent in the gas cap. I am not sure why, the Jeep owner said there was a check valve to prevent that. No matter what he did, taking the cap off, etc., gas still spurted out through gas cap vent like a small fountain.

I think it is a very well made product but there was certainly something wrong with the gas container I saw being used. I am curious as to what would have caused this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom