200 Series Rear Exit/Handle Kit Update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On the black interiors, the "upper half" of the interior is light gray. On the new Terra interiors the upper half is black like the rest of the non-seat interior. You want the handle to match the upper half.

Great info, thanks!

I really like this mod and I keep staring at the existing hatch button every time I use it.

Curiously...

Is there a reason not to just relocate the existing hatch button from the underside to the inside? Unless there's something I'm not understanding...it's just as reachable in the new inside position when the hatch is up, as it is on the bottom. But now serves the dual purpose of an open button just as much as an auto close.

^Ah, that's good to understand. So what does this switch tap into? I assume an electronic hatch release button that's accessible on the outside?

I really like this mod and I keep staring at the existing hatch button every time I use it.

Curiously...

Is there a reason not to just relocate the existing hatch button from the underside to the inside? Unless there's something I'm not understanding...it's just as reachable in the new inside position when the hatch is up, as it is on the bottom. But now serves the dual purpose of an open button just as much as an auto close.

That is essentially what this mod does by adding a second button...
But would you really want to *relocate* from the outside?? That would mean that you could get out, but you couldn't get in!

^True, though now I understand why we're talking past each other. And I might not be 100% right as I don't have an LC infront of me.

The LX570 has two distinct buttons where the LC has one.

1) LX570 and LC probably have the same electronic hatch release button.
2) LX570 also has a hatch autoclose button.

My confusion stemmed from the kit re-purposing the autoclose button, as a second hatch release button, rather than a second autoclose button. So this kit is just as relevant to the LX570, though the pictograph would somewhat confuse the functions.

This is what the LX570 button config looks like.
hatchbuttons.jpg

how long are these going to be available? These are not available for purchase on the website correct? Just through e-mail?

Thanks!

So long as folks keep buying them! We have another 10-15 getting assembled tomorrow. Sales have slowed off a little bit but that has allowed us to catch up on parts. E-mail or phone, no e-commerce quite yet.

^True, though now I understand why we're talking past each other. And I might not be 100% right as I don't have an LC infront of me.

My confusion stemmed from the kit re-purposing the autoclose button, as a second hatch release button, rather than a second autoclose button. So this kit is just as relevant to the LX570, though the pictograph would somewhat confuse the functions.

View attachment 1430731

Right. We don't have auto anything...but the real problem is that we have NO WAY to let ourselves OUT if in back (sleeping, etc.). This button release solves it.

View attachment 1430731

The LX570 also has a dash mounted hatch open/close button yeah?

So while cumbersome you can open the hatch from the inside. I have had some express interest in these for the LX570 but I've not test fit one just yet.

Right. We don't have auto anything...but the real problem is that we have NO WAY to let ourselves OUT if in back (sleeping, etc.). This button release solves it.

The LX570 also has a dash mounted hatch open/close button yeah?

So while cumbersome you can open the hatch from the inside. I have had some express interest in these for the LX570 but I've not test fit one just yet.

Correct, there is a hatch auto-open button on the dash. And there's a hatch auto-open button on the keyfob which is the likely way someone sleeping in back could open the hatch.

Though there are times when my kids sit in the 3rd row and they like to clamber in/out from the back. They get in fine on their own and can hit the auto-close button on the way in. But they are relegated to being let out. Would be nice to have a button.

Correct, there is a hatch auto-open button on the dash. And there's a hatch auto-open button on the keyfob which is the likely way someone sleeping in back could open the hatch.

Though there are times when my kids sit in the 3rd row and they like to clamber in/out from the back. They get in fine on their own and can hit the auto-close button on the way in. But they are relegated to being let out. Would be nice to have a button.

Cool. I forgot about the FOB button. Well I'm 100% confident our switch and harness will work, you'll just have to match the wiring to the external switch.

Justs sent you a PM, Kurt. Possibly in SLC tomorrow. If you have any of the gray kits I could come by and buy one?

I was referring only to the LC. LC has no FOB button, and no dash button. We are essentially locked inside the back hatch without a mod like this. A weird LC oversight, IMHO.

Justs sent you a PM, Kurt. Possibly in SLC tomorrow. If you have any of the gray kits I could come by and buy one?

Yessir, we have me ready to go!

I was referring only to the LC. LC has no FOB button, and no dash button. We are essentially locked inside the back hatch without a mod like this. A weird LC oversight, IMHO.

Yup, totally hear you. It is a weird oversight. This mod addresses it nicely.

It's good for us with LX570s to understand what we're missing as well. A bit less in this regard, but it's still a nice additional option.

On the black interiors, the "upper half" of the interior is light gray. On the new Terra interiors the upper half is black like the rest of the non-seat interior. You want the handle to match the upper half.

This is hilarious. I've owned my LC for over two years and thought I needed the black handle. I went out to take a look and I'll be darned - I need a light grey one!

This is hilarious. I've owned my LC for over two years and thought I needed the black handle. I went out to take a look and I'll be darned - I need a light grey one!

I made exact same mistake. Light grey...even though side panels are very dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom