Long range fuel tanks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a photo of this tank to see how the weight would be distributed?

Just a correction in the above calculation

46 gallons = 173.88 liters = 173880 mL
The density of gasoline is around 0.75 g/mL
Weight = ( 0.75 g/mL) x 173880 mL = 130410 g = 130.410 Kg = 286.9 lb

I came by that number by googling the weight of gasoline, and adding the apx weight of the Long Ranger 180 tank.
286 + 55kilos.
That 55kg number is shipping weight, and hopefully the unit is lighter.

I'm honestly not too enthusiastic about all the weight behind the rear-end

There is no rule that you have to fill it all the way up. Those who find themselves hauling external cans on long trips will have the option of storing that extra fuel internally.

I came by that number by googling the weight of gasoline, and adding the apx weight of the Long Ranger 180 tank.
286 + 55kilos.
That 55kg number is shipping weight, and hopefully the unit is lighter.

I'm honestly not too enthusiastic about all the weight behind the rear-end

You need to also subtract the weight of the spare tire you removed to fit the tank. Frankly, carrying the weight down low is not a big deal.

I am absolutely interested in a tank, count me in for one.

Interested as well.

interested here too...except my AHC works fine for now, not sure it would appreciate another 300lbs.

I'm interested, but with already running the Old man heavies and towing an adventure trailer, putting more weight behind the axle is getting to be a concern. It's one reason I keep getting my Australia sales manager to bug Lon granger for a replacement of the OE tank with their expanded tank....

An auxiliary tank that uses something Like 20 gals... That plus an air tank would would make the weight trade-off worth it for certain of my configurations.

I am halfway through my second cross country trip with the LC. I long range tank would be a godsend about now.

Also interested. Not hopeful given I have a super charcoal 2007.

All,

As far as mine, I will be in Australia in April to see the production, inspect the final product and the make my decision. The one mandatory item is that the tanks fit the US models (60, 80, 100 and 200) and all the US emissions equipment. They assure me that they can build to the US specs as they have US tank models to build off of and around. So, it "sounds" promising right now.

It's still a bit out and I will update when I can.

J

In for two....

Thinking about my goals for my build.
I want to add on board air, and I was intending to put that in the spare tire location, after relocation to the bumper.

I wonder now, if it would be a good idea to pull the factory fuel tank, add a long range tank in the rear, and put the on board air system where the factory fuel tank was.

Yikes, time flies!

I have not worked on this project in a long time! Thanks for hitting me up on this. I really should get back and focused on this again. I have a couple of the dual filler necks procured, a 45 gallon tank made up, a fuel pump purchased, and a plan to make all the plumbing work. Just haven't had time to even think about this project. Besides working 70 hours a week, I have been dabbling in the 80 series world as well as 1HD-T and 1HD-FTE research. Lots of distractions.

Anyway, yeah, I know most of us would love to have a sub-tank for the 100. I just need to make the time to work through the final details. Also, I don't know if @reevesci has been successful with sourcing tanks from Australia...that would also be a viable solution.

I am pretty much booked with work, projects, and family events/travels through the end of July. However, August and September are completely open and I was planning on spending lots of time on the Cruiser projects then. How about I put this one at the top of the list and see if I can get a complete solution knocked out by fall?

I would be very interested as well. Would this tank work for those of us with the 2003+ "enhanced" charcoal filter equipped vehicles?

I would be very interested as well. Would this tank work for those of us with the 2003+ "enhanced" charcoal filter equipped vehicles?

Yeah, the new tank I am designing would be around 25-30 gallons and would work with all years of the UZJ100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom