Tan interior paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_1609.JPG
I wanted to knock out some interior work but couldn't find a matching plastic paint. I was digging through my spray paints and came across an almost perfect match. This is interior plastic trim paint for a 69 gto with gold interior. I got it from Ames performance for my goat. It's called mustard gold I think. Almost a perfect match.

D - I acquired a nice surround and cut all of the blanks off my crappy one using a dremmel. Trimmed them to line up and then used fiber glass on the backside to hold it all together. I then used bondo on the front side to clean up the seams and gaps.

I used some of the plastic from the storage thing to make a plate to cover it up. I'll be cutting a boost and pyro gauge in there after I paint it flat black. The whole job took about 4 hours.

I was going to keep the lighter and use it as a phone charger port but the blanks lined up perfectly.

Like every unoriginal thing I do in life I take no credit for creativity. That belongs to @FJ6T. His thread was the inspiration and he hooked me up with graphics to convert oem defrost switches into just about any type of switch you can think of.

Very clean man. Great work. Back to the paint... is that gloss or semi gloss? It looks like it has a little more sheen than the factory paint, but maybe it's still wet. I would love to see some side by side photos when it's dry. The fuse cover will pop right off and you can put them in the same light and snap a pic for us please. Thanks.

D - I acquired a nice surround and cut all of the blanks off my crappy one using a dremmel. Trimmed them to line up and then used fiber glass on the backside to hold it all together. I then used bondo on the front side to clean up the seams and gaps.

I used some of the plastic from the storage thing to make a plate to cover it up. I'll be cutting a boost and pyro gauge in there after I paint it flat black. The whole job took about 4 hours.

I was going to keep the lighter and use it as a phone charger port but the blanks lined up perfectly.

Like every unoriginal thing I do in life I take no credit for creativity. That belongs to @FJ6T. His thread was the inspiration and he hooked me up with graphics to convert oem defrost switches into just about any type of switch you can think of.

It's on my list of things to do as well. It's been awhile since I've seen that thread but I remember someone else doing something like this. Great end results! When is Tor done with your 60? If you come out to drive it back I'll have to see your rig in person /buy you a beer. There is a good local micro brew a mile from Tor's place.

It's on my list of things to do as well. It's been awhile since I've seen that thread but I remember someone else doing something like this. Great end results! When is Tor done with your 60? If you come out to drive it back I'll have to see your rig in person /buy you a beer. There is a good local micro brew a mile from Tor's place.

Thanks for the offer. I bet there are more than one micro brew within a mile. I didn't have time to fly out and drive it home so had is shipped. Build thread in the works.

Well..I may have spoken too soon. After drying it's a bit more gold than the tan in the truck. I'm going to paint the entire dash so I'll have to decide if I should look for something else or just paint the entire dash the same color as the piece I just painted.

IMG_1610.JPG

Thanks man... that's a tough color to match up. For some reason, it really deceives my eye. I have a bezel that I've put about three coats of paint on, trying to do the same thing haha.

When I redid my AC surround I knew I'd never get a paint match so I only painted the black parts. The rest I sanded down with 2000 grit and polished it with plastic polish. Looks like new. Oh, and I epoxied the mount points on the back side to strengthen them to avoid cracks. It worked great.

@Juggernaught did the surround grafting job on his truck (frankie) as well. He has a write up of it with pics and all. I love the way it looks. Fantastic factory look. I have 2 spare surrounds that I bought in hopes of making the same mod. One can hope, hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom