Interior tan color - FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All -

Just ordered a dash bezel from @ChaserFJ60 (aka Cruiser Head) for my ‘87 FJ60. I have searched the forum high and low for a paint match for the interior tan color. Found one for gray, but not tan.

Anyone have a paint code or off-the-shelf product that matches?

Thanks for any help

I should mention that Cruiser Heads bezels are a form of plastic (ASA material) and cannot be powder coated

Hi All -

Just ordered a dash bezel from @ChaserFJ60 (aka Cruiser Head) for my ‘87 FJ60. I have searched the forum high and low for a paint match for the interior tan color. Found one for gray, but not tan.

Anyone have a paint code or off-the-shelf product that matches?

Thanks for any help
Yo man. Dumb answer here, and I’m just having my first cup of coffee… but what about taking the old bezel into a store with you and setting it next to rattle can paint colors?

I have seen a lot of new colors at Home Depot/Lowe’s lately. Gotta get them close enough to eye it out, then buy a couple for test…?

Good luck!

My prayers are with you paint guys...true aficionados! Beautiful thread and forgive me for the hi-jack, but Heck with the paint! My only forever wish is a dash bezel of this magnitude for the last of the true FJ’s…the FJ62. Can anyone out there overcome “it’s not worth the effort” attitude due to the limited model year production. But alas, I fear not…
the perceived “ $” signs are not there!

Yo man. Dumb answer here, and I’m just having my first cup of coffee… but what about taking the old bezel into a store with you and setting it next to rattle can paint colors?

I have seen a lot of new colors at Home Depot/Lowe’s lately. Gotta get them close enough to eye it out, then buy a couple for test…?

Good luck!
Couple years ago I bought a can of every yellowish-tan paint from Home Depot and tried them out. None of them were close sadly. I even tried mixing them by spraying wet on wet. Couldn’t even get in the ballpark. I think an auto paint shop that can mix custom cans will be the way to go.

Good luck!
So, I went into a local paint store that I thought would digitally color match. They actually matched off a color chart. I think the color looks pretty close and I am good with SEM since the part is plastic. I will post up pics with the new vs the old after painting.
IMG_1899.jpeg

I like that ‘ med Parchment’ like some ancient manuscript. Yup, should suit the 60 fine. LOL

I can see why people have struggled with this. What looked like a sure match in the store is not. OEM is top bezel.
IMG_1906.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom