Flatlander’s 1974 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put some miles on the 40 this weekend. The wife loves :rolleyes: me driving her around to run errands.

IMG_4840.JPG

Weather here has been incredible. While my wheels were getting installed I had time to walk around underneath the 40. Everything looks pretty good. Noticed the slave cylinder was leaking a bit so that needs addressed. Hit up all the grease zerks and noticed one of the boots in my steering needs attention at some point.

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

IMG_4907.JPG

IMG_4909.JPG

what's the story with the vertically mounted receiver hitch at the rear?

what's the story with the vertically mounted receiver hitch at the rear?

PO mod. I'm guessing it was a drop shank of some sort. I'm toying with the idea of fabricating a detachable basket opposite the tire for a cooler.

PO mod. I'm guessing it was a drop shank of some sort. I'm toying with the idea of fabricating a detachable basket opposite the tire for a cooler.

unneccesary PO clutter on such a nice truck hurts my eyes...

Looks like a diff truck with the wheels. In my books there is only one wheel that should ever be on a 40!!!

Hard to tell but I painted the insides of the wheels black to replicate the factory wheel for '74 :)

(1) Man, get those boots off of those shocks- - -boots trap and hold water, then the shafts rust, then the shocks are poo poo.
(2) Looks like you need one of these??View attachment 1408665

1-will do today, thanks!!

2-I have one but PO routed the exhaust to where I can't reinstall as you can see:mad: I need to redo and install the skid plate. I would like to take on the trails this summer.

IMG_4943.JPG

And put the shocks on the right way haha. Yah ill start that argument.

Hey so I noticed on your hood the windshield bumper pads installed the opposite direction of mine. I have not put my windshield down to test but these definitely appeared original to the truck. It was a major chore to replace them. Soon I'll be putting my hardtop back on I will test it out then.

IMG_7686.PNG

Quick google search...

IMG_4945.PNG

IMG_4946.PNG

Last edited:
@ginmtb Google has been wrong before. Anyone clarify??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom