Thumbs Up: B & K Fab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
Had Bud Godwin do some work on my FF rear axle hubs that have had a propensity to bust on me this past year. Dowel pins kept shearing off, bent/twisted hub studs, destroyed rear hub, etc.

Had him drill and machine new, larger hub dowel pins for me into the rear hubs, pulled the sheared ones out, and then had him drill new, larger holes through the flanges of all 4 rear axle shafts.

Beefed up the units really good.

Great work, good communication, very reasonable price. One guy outfit--old dude....probably been machining way too long.

One block north of NAPA on 2nd. East side of the street in a small workshop space.

Anyway, just a suggestion for small machining/fab work.

I'll double that. Nice guy, one man shop. A true old school craftsman which you don't see any more. Always willing to do the small jobs.

I need seat bases fabbed, does he do that too, or only stick with machine/fab closer tolerance stuff?

I betcha he'd do it. Give him a call or stop by--personally, with these old guys it's always been better for face-to-face communication.

243-8434

He is more of a machinist guy, but does do welding. Keep in mind that he does have a minimum price for his work, no matter how simple it is.

Your better off doing it yourself. Custom work is not cheap! I'm sure someone here would be able to help you out.

True. As long as your life doesn't depend on it I'll be willing to help.

I need seat bases fabbed, does he do that too, or only stick with machine/fab closer tolerance stuff?

Is this on the mini truck? Is it rusted under there?

Your better off doing it yourself. Custom work is not cheap! I'm sure someone here would be able to help you out.

Sure someone would be able to fab something up for you. Got my welder in the garage about a month or two ago. Upgraded my panel to 200 amp service last week, just need to put in the 220 outlet. We could test out seat bases (brackets) on your ass first :flipoff2:

BTT: Another great experience with Bud and his retired GE Aerospace machinst George...had them do some fun work on my birfs for me as well as some small TIG welding and they did great work.

They are also really fun to hang around and listen to their stories of learning old fashioned tape/punch car numeric controlled machining back in the day and then listening to them learn about CNC, and then having to have to learn an entirely new science to remain relevant....very interesting historical aspect these guys have about the entire development of machine sciences....really cool s***.

great references. thanks.

i'm starting to groove on the old dude stories: my neighbor fought in 4 wars, served in 3 occupations, learned fixed wing in the last 2, and just let his p-lic lapse cuz he didn't wanna get the physical. still yells at my dogs when they bark at the loose neighborhood dog, but the old fart is cool, in his own way.

Back in the day when it was old Harley's I was into instead of Land Cruisers, back in Omaha, I had a retired German tool and die maker that took me under his wing. He always welcomed me when I needed to make parts for the bike or whatever other cause I felt was 'the thing' then.

He was a true brainiac for design and fab. I miss hanging out with him and hearing all the cool stories about what life was like way before I was born ;). Not to mention the machining tutelage...

Thanks Onur for reminding me what I forgot and now miss even more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom