Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll have to google convert the weights haha
52kg vs 33kg. That's definitely a nice weight loss up front.

Oh you're in AU. Sorry, I only know Freedom Measurements :D

So now with this fancy new bumper you can really see the difference in ground clearance vs the back. Thinking of chopping the wings. Mostly for looks I guess. Since the back of the bumper can go no higher. It's already flush with the frame rails.

And you could really see how the rear end is sagging. Need some new springs!

SnUR0U4h.jpg

You're truck is really something... Looks great (maybe because of your good camera ;))
It's inspiring me, that's sure :)

5 hours later I finished your thread. Great write up on the hg. I just bought a lx450 and on my way to my first camping/off roading trip I blew the hg so thanks for the step by step with not blury pics. Question what pods did you use on the front along with your light bar? Thanks Jose

Jose to the rescue again. Helped my buddy sort out his abs line removal stuff since I was 100 miles away from my truck.

The info in this thread is 80 gold to many.

His is just a ranch truck used to harvest 'plants', the ABS was plaguing the brake performance since he went part time...

Thanks again hoser! :beer:

You're truck is really something... Looks great (maybe because of your good camera ;))
It's inspiring me, that's sure :)

That blurry little photo? That was taken with a potato phone! But thanks :)

Digging your blinkers! Want to do mine next? Lol! Great job.

Get the lights and we'll get to drilling!

5 hours later I finished your thread. Great write up on the hg. I just bought a lx450 and on my way to my first camping/off roading trip I blew the hg so thanks for the step by step with not blury pics. Question what pods did you use on the front along with your light bar? Thanks Jose

Wow you spent 5hrs reading the whole thing? I'm impressed! And about the pics, I hate blurry pics too so I try to use my DSLR as much as possible when documenting this stuff. I know how frustrating it can be looking up info and not being able to find any decent pics for reference.

The light pods I bought are these, they are down to $27 for the pair! The lights are great, brackets are kinda janky but oh well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G620ZVU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jose to the rescue again. Helped my buddy sort out his abs line removal stuff since I was 100 miles away from my truck.

The info in this thread is 80 gold to many.

His is just a ranch truck used to harvest 'plants', the ABS was plaguing the brake performance since he went part time...

Thanks again hoser! :beer:

Thanks brotha! Forums have been a great source of info for me over the years in all sorts of different hobbies. Only fair I give a bit back to MUD. I find myself going back to reference a few things too when people ask questions. And about the ABS thing, nobody ever wanted to show how it was done. They talked about it, but never showed any pics or gave a step-by-step, afraid they'd get sued for killing a school bus full of nuns and children. MEH :D

How/what did you use to do the blinkers?

How/what did you use to do the blinkers?

Do a search on ebay for "eagle eye LEDs". You'll find thousands of listings. They come in all sorts of colors. Cheap too

Not those, the ones that are flush mounted on frame end caps... Rigid has perfect ones but are $100/ea or something stupid...

Ah if he's referring to those, then it was these guys here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221373060443?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Cool thanks. I'm looking for a fog light to go there...

There is nothing magical about Rigid LED lights. All of the quality LED light bars and pods use CREE LED's. Rigid does not make LED's. Rigid designs and builds the heatsinking, electronics, and wiring for the LED's. Does Rigid produce a high quality light bar? Yes. Is there light bar worth 5 to 10 times what you can find on ebay and amazon? Hell no.

There is nothing magical about Rigid LED lights. All of the quality LED light bars and pods use CREE LED's. Rigid does not make LED's. Rigid designs and builds the heatsinking, electronics, and wiring for the LED's. Does Rigid produce a high quality light bar? Yes. Is there light bar worth 5 to 10 times what you can find on ebay and amazon? Hell no.
ok, please provide me a link to another product that meets the specs, size, and mounting of the Rigid SR-M flush mount. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rigid-Indus...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8ba1e365&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom